10994 Posts in 2728 Topics by 1819 members
|Go to End|
23 September 2010 at 9:54pm Last edited: 24 September 2010 3:49am
trying to get familiar with siverstripe I tried to add my first module..... and failed.
Here is what i did:
My system: ss 2.4.1 on my lokal Suse 11.2 apache, mysql, php5 server.
I downloaded the latest version of the User Forms Module from this site (v0.3.0) and opened the install instructions.
- Download the module from the link above.
- Extract the file (if you're on windows try 7-zip for extracting tar.gz files)
- Make sure the folder after being extracted is named 'userforms' (not userforms-r93130 for example)
- Place this directory in your sites root directory. (The root is the one with sapphire/cms in it)
- Run in your browser - http://www.yoursite.com/dev/build to rebuild the database.
- You should see a new PageType in the CMS 'User Defined Form'. This has a new 'Form' tab which has your form builder.
The module is now located at: /srv/www/htdocs/silverstripe_test/userforms This translates to http://localhost/silverstripe_test/userforms/ on my machine.
And yes, silverstripe_test is my root directory ;-)
When I follow the install instructions and call up http://localhost/silverstripe_test/dev/build I get
Objekt nicht gefunden! Which translates to object not found (404 error)
Well, thats not really surprising, as in /srv/www/htdocs/silverstripe_test/ there are no such folders as /dev/build
What am I missing.... otherwise silverstripe runs fine.... any ideas anyone?
23 September 2010 at 10:49pm
/dev/build is a SilverStripe action to rebuild the database. It does not point to any file or folder so you won't find it on the filesystem.
Have you tried running dev/build before while using your site i.e before you added the module? If you have mod_rewrite disabled then that could be one reason its throwing a 404. Instead then the dev/build functions will be available at the url http://localhost/silverstripe_test/index.php/dev/build.
24 September 2010 at 3:47am
Ahhhh.. yes, mod_rewrite wasn't enabled. Using http://localhost/silverstripe_test/index.php/dev/build solved the problem.
|Go to Top|