10929 Posts in 2613 Topics by 1809 members
|Go to End|
7 April 2011 at 3:52am
I had installed silverstripe 2.4.4, then later added the subsite module. Nothing seemed to work at first, so found the github site (https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-subsites) and checked out master. Now everything seemed as I imagined it. Great.
Except the drop down menu on the top doesn't change the pages shown. I had now waited a while before actually using it, so I tried to fetch and checkout git master again. Still same problem. I updated to 2.4.5, yet still changing the drop down menu doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong? The drop down menu has all the subsites I've created from the menu listed, but whatever selected in the drop down menu doesn't matter. What could I be doing wrong?
7 April 2011 at 4:03am
Great. I've tried to solve this for several hours, ask the question, and THEN i find a workable solution by myself. The problem still stands, however I can change between the subsites by simply changing the subsite URL. As in abcurl.com/admin edits abcurl.com subsite, while xyz.com/admin edits the xyz.com url. Not quite as simple as I'd hoped, but I'm happy with a working solution. If somebody still has a tip for making the drop down menu work though, that'd still be very apreciated.
1 March 2012 at 12:32am
While I do realise that this was 11 months ago now, I'm popping this response here for other people who may search for the fix and not find it.
I, like yourself was having the same problem, however, I noted that the JS require calls were looking for the folder /subsites/ and not /module_subsites/ as it appears when downloaded.
Renaming the folder to /subsites/ (as it mentions in the installation instructions - d'oh) fixes everything up nicely.
1 March 2012 at 9:03am
Very considerate of you
5 June 2013 at 2:22am
Thanks for your help! I had the same problem today...
|Go to Top|