10931 Posts in 2614 Topics by 1810 members
|Go to End|
17 September 2011 at 3:26am
I’d like to put together a “relatively simple” mp3 shop for a music page, I’m a recording artist and would like to help myself and other creative friends commercialise their efforts online, and am looking for the least convoluted yet powerful solution to implement in my current SS install (2.4x)
For a few months now I’ve been familiarising myself with the SS framework and have a reasonable coding knowledge (from a php/flash applications background), I’m not up for the task of scripting an entire solution from scratch in a new environment so really looking for a sound basis to work from and customise to requirements.
This evening I installed the “Silvercart system” with the hope it might suffice, and although very good it seems a little too ‘obtrusive and controlling’ in terms of taking over the entire page class and so on, it also has a few too many customer requirements and barriers to purchase, like some pretty extensive form filling, more than I’d like to put art fans through!
Let me highlight some of the features I’m looking to implement, keeping in mind it is a creative/art site though of course has to be secure and professional in terms of shopping, and hopefully some of you SS-Ninja’s can help point me towards the best SS solution.
This is what I’d like to achieve…
- List mp3’s as single items, as per usual shop arrangement (with shopping cart & checkout)
- Have single items be part of larger album projects/containers
- Have an audio preview button for each single item displayed (Note: The audio preview must automatically stop other audio-previews on page when a new selection is made, to minimise customer clicking and thinking about things)
- Take all items selected upon checkout (individual audio files form secure library/repository) and zip together in a single download file which is emailed as link to the customer upon confirmation of payment, the download is a one off unique file and expires, with no linkage or access to main audio repository/product (*** This is the bit I’m probably least sure of the ‘HowTo’)
- Process payment via paypal gateway, with minimum clicks and pages, and requiring minimum details from customer, only their usual paypal login to complete transaction
- Store customer email and name for reference and opt-in contact
- Send some kind of report/log back to base when user successfully downloads purchase, so I know entire transaction is completed.
That’s about it initially, the main aim is ease of use and minimal clicking/pages, and seamless integration into SS without too much (or any) intrusion on other templates and mods.
Also, I’m sure the same script could be used for all kinds of digital output, like e-books and so on, so if I manage to create this particular solution in SS, as envisioned, then it could be highly shareable and useful to many other projects…
17 September 2011 at 2:52pm
I don't think any of the ecommerce-based modules here are going to specifically be able to do everything you listed. You will most likely need a mashup of several different modules and some custom programming.
Your post sounded more like a request for help... are you possibly looking to hire someone to assist?
17 September 2011 at 8:45pm
Yes, I thought that would likely be the case : ) I'm all for minimalism and ease, so I figured before attempting to reinvent things I'd put out the idea/request and see if anyone had done anything similar, or have experience with specific modules that may be useful in this, I could see a lot of demand in the creative community for such things as I'm envisioning...
Though I'd love to hire someone to solve this, this project has next to no budget, so I'll probably end up experimenting my way through it in "the lab" hehe.
|Go to Top|