10808 Posts in 2494 Topics by 1782 members
|Go to End|
15 April 2013 at 3:44am
So how to install translatable on 3.0.5?
I know similar questions have been asked on this forum as well as other places in internet dozens of times. And I checked them all. None works correctly.
eg. Method on github causes server error during the first database rebuild.
This code from ssbits.com works at first:
'en_GB', //UK English
Translations after implementing it worked perfect, but uploading new files became impossible and causes "SyntaxError: Unexpected token T". Actually the whole section "Files" became useless.
So what is the correct way to install Translatable and not to break anything else???
I use SilverStripe 3.0.5 on Ubuntu LAMP. Translatable 1.0.0.
Thanx in advance for any tips.
16 April 2013 at 9:25pm
The best way to install any module is with Composer. If you're having issues, you need to be much more clear about what the problem is. "It causes an error" is not enough information to help you.
16 April 2013 at 11:40pm
thanx for answer UncleCheese!
Anyway I tried silverstripe 2.4.10 and found it much better. CMS is much faster, no annoying bugs etc. Meanwhile waiting for 3.1.0
18 April 2013 at 3:43am
Have you tried to run the backend in English? I did have some problems there too and this helped. I'm not sure if this is the same issue but it is worth a try.
Additionally I would not develop anything new on a SilverStripe < 3 despite the issues (speed, bugs). Version 3 was released while I was developing my first SilverStripe page and there was some work to do porting to the new version. Not exceptionally much but still...
18 April 2013 at 1:44pm
Thanx for answer gaspra!
My backend is in English, so it's something else..
18 April 2013 at 7:13pm
Well then then let's start over.
I have SilverStripe 3.0.5 running with Translatable 1.0 - installed without Composer (not set up yet) and it works as long as I have the backend in English. When I switch the backend to German I get the same error you're reporting when I upload/move etc.. files in the backends "Files" Section.
Let's compare the site config. Here is what I have set up:
// Set the site locale
$allowed_locales = array(
'de_DE' => array('German', 'Deutsch'),
'en_US' => array('English', 'Englisch'),
i18n::$common_locales = $allowed_locales;
18 April 2013 at 11:04pm
Here is my piece of code from config:
In backend Security section I switched to English interface, but the problem was still there.
Anyway I was very limited in time, so I've allready done the project in Silverstripe 2.4.10 where I didn't find any bugs at all and which is much faster. So the problem allready expired. Just hoping 3.1.0 will be more stable.
19 April 2013 at 4:47am
Try to remove the last line
I think I remember removing it when upgrading to v3 following the upgrade guide. I definitely don't have it in my config and it does work.
Of course there is still a lot of room for improvements in 3.1
|Go to Top|