10808 Posts in 2494 Topics by 1782 members
|Go to End||Next >|
12 March 2009 at 5:23am Last edited: 12 March 2009 5:24am
to download files from your test folder, should i only update certain ones? I mean i already downloaded everything previously.
12 March 2009 at 5:38am
You shouldn't be downloading anything. It's an SVN checkout.
12 March 2009 at 5:47am
yeah... another confirmation that i don't know what i am doing... learning!
12 March 2009 at 5:58am
That's okay. There are a number of ways to do it. There are some good free SVN clients out there if you look around. All you need to do is use it to create a new working copy for the repository here: http://carlinowebdesign.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/trunk/image_gallery
SVN gives you the advantage of just being able to hit "Update" at any time to get the latest version of the module. It only updates what it needs to, rather than having to replace everything every time there's a change.
Alternatively, if you're having a hard time with SVN, I have posted a ZIP file on my website, www.carlinowebdesign.com.
Hope this helps.
12 March 2009 at 6:05am
Yulia is up to speed!
12 March 2009 at 7:29am
==> I can't replicate this error, but it does sound eerily similar to some bugs that were resolved in the version I checked in yesterday. Can you update?
I just did an export of all 3 modules from your SVN, and did a /dev/build/?flush=all
This issue still shows up. I tried it in both Safari 3.2.1 and Firefox 3.0.7.
Just so I make sure I have it right, these are the steps I followed:
1. Create a new ImageGallery page
2. Save the page (without adding content or changing the name), just to get the album/photo tabs to have content
3. Click the photo tab and click 'Add images to "Default Album"'
4. Upload some images, I also clicked 'next' and 'finish' on the pop up window to add descriptions, which has the default album selected as the place for the images
5. See the images in their blocks on the Photo tab, I can also at this point hit the link for the draft site and see the images on the page properly.
6. Click on the 'Files & Images' link in SS
7. Select the main assets folder, notice my files are there
8. Check the folder for my new page, under default album, no pictures in the folder
9. Return to the Photo tab in the Site Content section and the images are now 'broken'
10. Click the link for the Draft Site and the images are missing there as well.
The other one was fixed, and works great now. Thanks!
I'm going to dig into this issue a little more and see if I can determine when and where the change is happening. I make no promises though!
12 March 2009 at 7:43am
This might be of some help. Here is what the html on the draft site looks like for an image while they are still working:
<a id="ViewLink-28" rel="lightbox" class="lightbox" title="" href="/shawn/silverstripe/assets/_resampled/SetWidth500-dept-logo4.jpg"><img src="/shawn/silverstripe/assets/_resampled/CroppedImage8585-dept-logo4.jpg" alt="#28"/></a>
Here it is after they break:
<a id="ViewLink-28" rel="lightbox" class="lightbox" title="" href=""><img src="" alt="#28"/></a>
Interestingly moving between different pages on the Site Content tab doesn't cause the break, only opening the Files & Images tab. Also, I think this just started with the new export today, but the files are no longer going to my main assets folder, but the Uploads folder within that folder, but still not in the ImageGallery folder structure.
12 March 2009 at 8:26am
Opening the Files & Images tab runs a function that syncs the database to the filesystem, so that's why it only happens then.
Still can't see the bug, though. Where are the files after you return to Site Content and everything is broken? Do they get moved? Deleted? And they're in the correct place when it's working, right? assets/image-gallery/MyGalleryName/Default-Album/image.jpg
You are of course, on 2.3...?
|Go to Top||Next >|