10848 Posts in 2516 Topics by 1792 members
|Go to End||Next >|
5 March 2009 at 3:51pm
I did opened a forum thread for a new module call Twitter, which enables you to do embed your twitter account to your SilverStripe powered website. And not it is available to download.
It will be great if anyone can run some tests with the module.
24 March 2009 at 5:29am Last edited: 24 March 2009 10:28am
I just found this and threw it on a test install. One feature enhancement might be to sanitize the twitter status. I.e. One of my twitter statuses includes an ampersand (&), which causes the Silverstripe TwitterPage to give an XMLParsingError page (the yellow error page).
At least I think that is why it gives me the XML error, it points to the space after the ampersand as where the error occurs.
EDIT: Another request. I'd like to be able to set up an RSS feed from the twitterpage. I'm looking into doing this, but am going very slowly. I'm hoping you might either be able to implement it very quickly, or give me some good clues how to get started.
26 March 2009 at 3:06am
Sorry, I haven't gotten much sleep this week. The yellow page error I refer to above is generated by firefox, not silverstripe.
Either way, if a tweet has an ampersand, or potentially other special characters, it gives an XML parsing error.
Oh, and rss is still at the top of my desired feature list.
1 April 2009 at 4:22am Last edited: 1 April 2009 7:36am
I've been playing with this more this morning. It seems like the twitter feed will not update unless the site is flushed? Is there a way to get the feed updated without doing a /?flush=1?
UPDATE: so far it seems like the cache is flushed about once every hour or so. For how we plan on using this that will be more than adequate.
5 August 2009 at 9:10am
after the Silverstripe update to 2.3.3 from 2.3.2 the followings are not any more shown.
Only the avatars are on the page.
11 October 2009 at 5:25pm
How do i add the date posted to the Status.ss file? I have added $Time variable to the Status.ss file and it outputs in Unixtime format. I try to use format functions ($Time.format(d)) but no luck.
24 November 2009 at 1:37am Last edited: 24 November 2009 1:48am
I have ironed out the bug causing the ampersand problem in the feeds by passing them through a static method the SilverStripe Convert class.
Since there were other illegal characters getting into the feeds I am beginning to wonder if there are problems with the xml coming from twitter but haven't had time to look at this yet. This could easily result in the Avatars only to display as posted above.
I am happy to share the code that I have running but I have only a little experience in object oriented programming so am not sure if it's in line with SilverStripe coding conventions. I have tried contacting the author via email about this but had no reply yet.
|Go to Top||Next >|