10379 Posts in 2194 Topics by 1710 members
|Go to End||Next >|
13 November 2009 at 8:17pm
I have user form working, but i have question regarding the implementation with Swfupload.
Looking forward to your help willr.
14 November 2009 at 5:54pm Last edited: 14 November 2009 5:57pm
Hi willr. On my "user defined form" I can't add any fields when on the "form" tab. Whatever field type I choose from the drop down, when I click "add" it says "Error Creating Field". (The error appears at the bottom of the page. It first says "Adding New Field" and then changes to "Error Creating Field")
Here's the background detail:
I am running Silverstripe 2.3.2. I have Mollom v0.2 and SpamProtectionv0.2 installed. I had userformsv0.1 installed and working fine, but I needed to upgrade to v0.2 it to use the Mollom captcha and over features of v0.2.
I had some trouble upgrading, so in the end I uninstalled userforms altogether and then installed userformsv0.2 from scratch. (I used the daily build: trunk-r91579).
Now in the admin interface I can choose to create a "user defined form". It creates the form in the menu, but when I click on the "content > form" tab to add fields, it says "Adding New Field" and then gives that error - "Error creating field".
Another thing that I noticed, (that may or may not be a symptom), is that on the "content > main" tab, where I can edit the text that goes above the form, it now has the text "$UserDefinedForm" in the WYSIWYG editor. This wasn't there when userformsv0.1 was running. Is this something new to v0.2? Or is it a symptom of the problem?
14 November 2009 at 6:13pm
This could be because you are running 2.3.2. I can't verify this but I userforms might require something that was added in 2.3.3.
You can see what the 'actual' error is if you have firebug enabled and devmode enabled in silverstripe it will show the error message in the console panel of firebug (or it will display in your apache / php error logs). If you get your hands on that it might be useful information
14 November 2009 at 11:41pm
Hi Willr. Thanks for the speedy reply ... even on the weekend!
Here is the error details. (The error email had this section in red, then a much longer section in white after it. If you need the longer error info too, just let me know).
Error at sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php line 400 (http://www.mysite/admin/EditForm/field/Fields/addfield?NewID=1&Type=EditableTextField)
Error: Couldn't run query: insert into `EditableFormField_versions` SET `ClassName` = 'EditableTextField', `CanDelete` = 1, `ShowOnLoad` = 1, `LastEdited` = now(), `Created` = now(), `Name` = null, `Title` = null, `Default` = null, `Sort` = '0', `Required` = '0', `CustomParameter` = null, `ParentID` = '0', `CustomErrorMessage` = null, `CustomRules` = null, `CustomSettings` = null, `Version` = 1, `RecordID` = 44, `AuthorID` = 2 Unknown column 'CustomParameter' in 'field list'
At line 400 in /var/www/mysite/sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php
That's all way over my head, but I hope it makes sense to you! What do I have to do to fix the error?
15 November 2009 at 9:26am
Ah yes this is an issue where in UserForms 0.2 I removed that field from the database as it was no longer required but SilverStripe likes to try and believe its still there.
The easiest way to fix this you need to go into PHPMyAdmin, select your database, select the 'EditableFormField' table on the left, Select the 'Structure' tab in the main part then delete the 'CustomParameter' row in the structure table.
Or you can run the following query on your mysql database (in PHPmyadmin, select the database you're using, then the SQL tab)
ALTER TABLE EditableFormField DROP COLUMN CustomParameter
15 November 2009 at 5:41pm
Perfect!! Dropping that column solved the problem instantly. Thanks so much willr. Expert advice!
23 December 2010 at 1:36pm
Im using SS 2.4.3 with the userforms module 3.0. The form is standard with no captcha. It was working fine on my local machine and sub-domain for testing. Now that I'm going live it is no longer working in CMS. It was working and sending emails on the website, but when i tried to access the form through the CMS i got the following errors:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /home/chefsedg/public_html/silverstripe-cache/.cache.sapphire.templates.ComplexTableField.ss on line 604
missing ; before statement
<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 256 bytes) in <b>/home/chefsedg/public_html/sapphire/forms/HtmlEditorConfig.php</b> on line <b>305</b><br />
I have tried unistalling, dev/build the admin and site after uninstall and re-installing a few times. My php memory is set to 128M and cant seem to find an answer anywhere.
1 January 2011 at 6:32pm
My php memory is set to 128M
That error would suggest otherwise. Its saying you only have 32mb which is too low.
|Go to Top||Next >|