17452 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1971 members
|Go to End||Next >|
13 September 2008 at 2:53pm
I can confirm that my patch is working (at least with r55074) - as im currently using it on one of my client's sites. The only problem was to do with a method in ContentController I had to delete (ContentController::Link()).
Also - there is progress being made with the patch. I have a patch (im not releasing it yet) that works with the current trunk version, but is still a bit buggy/unfinished.
13 September 2008 at 3:27pm Last edited: 13 September 2008 3:27pm
Is that patch I linked to yours then?
13 September 2008 at 9:17pm
Indeed it is.
14 September 2008 at 1:41am
Is the non development version for an older version or a more recent version that the current 2.2.2 release? I tried to patch in the code manually, but the line numbers were way out, and when I tried to run it just didn't work. Also any idea when the newer version is going to be coming up?
14 September 2008 at 7:28pm
Heres some quick instructions on how to apply my first patch. Note: i would recommend that you DO NOT use this is a production environment. It's still a bit quirky in some areas, and could break some important functionality.
1) Download TortoiseSVN - http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
2) Create a new folder where you wish to install SilverStripe
3) Right click on it, then click SVN Checkout
4) Change the repository URL to http://svn.silverstripe.com/open/phpinstaller/trunk - and then change the radio revision box to select "Revision" rather than "Head Revision", and enter 55074 in the little text box. Click OK.
5) When this is done, right click again on the folder and select TortoiseSVN > Apply Patch, and navigate to your downloaded copy of the patch from my site (theres a download link beneath all the highlighted code)
6) Install Silverstripe like normal
As for releasing the new version: Ill release it when its ready ;)
16 September 2008 at 9:28pm
Make sure you get it pushed into a stable SS version
You'll make tons of people happy
19 September 2008 at 5:10am
Just to keep you guys posted, we're working together with AJShort to get this feature in a stable state. Its currently on a "feature branch", you can follow its development here:
Currently there's not a lot to see, but hopefully that will change when AJShort works his magic on there
19 September 2008 at 11:56am
Excellent. Can't wait for it to be included into a stable release. Will really polish off SS as I know for a lot of people this is a showstopper missing feature.
|Go to Top||Next >|