17488 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1978 members
|Go to End||Next >|
20 December 2007 at 9:01am Last edited: 20 December 2007 9:03am
1. I think the Kiwi, at least in the way it is used here is a little cheesy.
2. I wonder if you softened the contrast of the black text on white background, it would be improved. E.g. a dark brown on a light brown. Perhaps the background could come through as a watermark, or something.
3. Can you make the pattern in the header match the pattern in the background? I.e. so that it makes it look like the pattern is all the same, but just turns brown in one section?
4. The big white area feels like it missing a border or some other flair?
5. Add a footer.
6. In your text, add a "Heading 2" and "heading 3" and a link and style these, as these will be needed in the overall theme
So, if someone else can translate my broadstroke ideas into design direction with finesse, that'd be cool
20 December 2007 at 4:27pm
Here's an example of making elements of a page ornamental. This means you don't have to have the burden of all design acting on the overall page, but that even the lowly form is supporting the aesthetic.
21 December 2007 at 5:35am
21 December 2007 at 9:35am
Each iteration is certainly improving
I think the pattern behind the right side of the green panel still needs to either be blank, or expose the other pattern through it
Add a 'selected' state to the menu down the side so that we know what that would look like.
Can someone offer perhaps a good name or subtitle for the heading, even something in MÃ„Âori?
21 December 2007 at 10:27am
21 December 2007 at 10:59am
I'm wondering if the subheadings in the text should be the same darkish green of the top green belt at the top so that it ties more strongly together?
21 December 2007 at 11:09am
I like the korus in the second level navigation, they add a nice touch. Maybe make the korus in the heading on the sidebar a tad lighter so you can read the text easier
21 December 2007 at 11:25am
Would like to see a live version to check out - images are never quite the same !
Also I'm wondering if the two patterns that angle down each side are a bit strong - maybe make them blend into the background a bit lighter...
regards, Dave Porter
|Go to Top||Next >|