17488 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1978 members
|Go to End|
9 February 2008 at 3:39am Last edited: 9 February 2008 4:08am
Since I discovered Silverstripe a few weeks ago I decided to design a theme. Here you can see it: http://www.koenromers.nl/dump/silverstripe/
It's also my first implementation on Silverstripe, so it shall not be perfect.
How and why should I pack it into a tar.gz? What is the best way to make it ready for a download?
Any other suggestions and / or tips are absolutely welcome!
10 February 2008 at 2:06pm
If you are using Windows I recommend using 7-Zip to make the tar.gz. http://www.7-zip.org/ .
Then you can upload the tar.gz file to the themes directory - http://www.silverstripe.com/themes/edit and then we will check over the theme and approve/disapprove the theme.
A couple hints I suggest before you submit the theme that catches a few people out -
* make sure you have all the typography styles (h1-h6, links, lists, paragraphs, etc)
* you have support for all the main features (menu 1, sub menu, sidebar for widgets)
* Theme tested (and pretty much spot on) in at least IE6, IE7, Firefox 2.
* You are not using any copyrighted Icons or images in the theme.
* The theme follows the coding conventions (html, js).
If those aren't issues then the chance we will disapprove the theme is pretty low. I suggest from just looking at the template on your site that you make the header image / logo text based rather then a image. Just so people just swap the title out easily and hassle free. And the grey text is a bit light for me on my screen.
|Go to Top|