17488 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1978 members
|Go to End|
11 February 2008 at 11:43pm Last edited: 11 February 2008 11:44pm
I'm still learning silverstripe, but have been using symfony for a while, but it lacks a decent cms plugin, so if a site is cms based I tend to use SS. But I've got a few requirements on top of the CMS that I'm not sure can be done with SS .... ..
Basicly I need to allow anyone to create a profile on the frontend and be able to log in and then edit it.
1. Is this possible with the framework?
2. Is there any documentation available to help me create web user accounts?
3. Is there any code (forum module?) I could look at and modify to meet my needs?
12 February 2008 at 12:11am
1) Yes, but not out of the box.
2) You should take a look at how to make forms and at the member class.
3) The forum module code will give you some insight in how to create members, yes. But there's no code that I know of that you can simply modify.
Do you want them to edit their profile in the backend of in the frontend?
Anyway, anything is possible, but not out of the box. You'll have to learn the SS way of doing things.
12 February 2008 at 12:23am
Thanks for the info,
I thought I could maybe modify ForumMemberProfile and ForumRole to meet my needs as they seem to do some of what I need.
>> Do you want them to edit their profile in the backend of in the frontend?
On the frontend preferably, also have admin be able to edit all profiles the backend.
>> You'll have to learn the SS way of doing things.
Yeah it seems very different to symfony even though they both use MVC etc, just struggling with the lack of examples really, hopefully will add this if I get it working. If not I'll have to do a lot of work getting symfony's cms a bit better.
Thanks again for your quick response.
|Go to Top|