17488 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1978 members
|Go to End|
21 February 2008 at 6:01am
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the subsites module located here "http://svn.silverstripe.com/open/modules/subsites/trunk/". I have checked out the code and rebuilded the database. So I got to the cms and open up the Subsites tab, after I insert the name and subdomain and press add I'm giving this error "FATAL ERROR: DataObject::get_by_id passed a non-numeric ID #". I assume that the db build didn't take correctly? I did see new fields being created such as SubSiteID and some others(in green).
If anyone has any information on what is causing this and how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
24 February 2008 at 6:56pm
we need a stack-trace (the complete output shown in your error-message) to give any useful help - i suggest using pastie.caboo.se instead of pasting the full output here into the forum.
28 February 2008 at 9:27am
The subsites module is alpha code - which means it has issues like this. It's in production use on a website, but the whole process for installation / configuration is still pretty ropey.
You will need to manually create a Subsite_Template record in the database.
We're going to be improving the subsites module for public consumption over the next couple of months.
28 February 2008 at 11:13pm
I see, thought it was at least in beta. I was going to use SS for my internship work,already feel in love with how easy it is to extend and customize, so if its possible to have a quick revision for this that would be great, if not I'll give it a go and add that record. Thanks for your time and information.
24 July 2008 at 1:45am
Sam, you say we need to create a Subsite_Template record in the db - how many and what fields do we create ??
i am getting a similar problem with a similar trace...
25 July 2008 at 1:02am
i am also fighting with the "alpha"-code of the subsites module
I had to comment the following statements from _config.php:
// Hack - this ensures that the SiteTree defineMethods gets called before any of its subclasses...
'admin/subsites/$Action/$ID/$OtherID' => 'SubsiteAdmin',
Object::addStaticVars( 'LeftAndMain', array( 'extra_menu_items' => array(
'Sub-sites' => array("intranets", "admin/subsites/", 'SubsiteAdmin')
Don't know what functioniality i have disabled, but got the "add subsite" working.
25 July 2008 at 1:35am
I just got it working before too...
well, kind of...
I had to create a new row in the Subsites table:
ID - blank
ClassName - Subsite_Template
Created - NOW
Last edited - NOW
Subdomain - <new sub domain>
Title - etc.
domain - mysite.com
now i dont really know what to do with it...
i can't set themes for the subsites, which could be a bit of a problem
|Go to Top|