17452 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1971 members
Page: 1 2
|Go to End||Next >|
4 July 2008 at 10:17am
I have downloaded silverstripe and started immediately with creating our homepage by changing the tutorial. (maybe this wasn't already the best thing to do). However, the new website - which is currently on the localhost (setup on a wampserver) is ready to be hosted on our web server.
In the last few days i tried to find more info about that but was not very successful.
I really would need your imput on that.
4 July 2008 at 11:42am
Moving data across to a live host is usually straight forward. At the same time Im going to try and explain how to move off the tutorial theme - heres what I would suggest
FIRST STEPS - setting up:
* First Take a backup of your localcopy (dont want to go losing anything)
* Create a new Database on your live server ill called it 'MyDatabase'
* Download / Upload SilverStripe to your webserver to make sure it installs, runs fine etc - install this time with BlackCandy, make sure the DB selected in the installer is MyDatabase and you use your server config details
SECOND STEPS - copying files:
* Copy your code folder from the tutorial folder on your local to the mysite/code/ folder on your live site.
* On the live server make a new folder under themes/ called yourtheme or whatever.
* From your local - copy the tutorial/css folder, the tutorial/images and the tutorial/templates folders and all their files to the themes/yourtheme folder on the live server - so you would end up on the live server with themes/yourtheme/css , themes/yourtheme/templates etc
THIRD STEP - Copying the Database:
* On your local export the database - with WAMP you go http://localhost/phpmyadmin click your database on the left then hit the Export tab on the right. Make sure you select the Save as File option down the bottom and the 'Add Drop Table' option on the right.
* Login to your webservers PHPMyadmin - dont know if MaxNet has it but it should. And then in that PHPMyadmin click on the 'MyDatabase' then hit the import tab on the right and import the exported DB you saved from the step before
LAST STEPS - (hopefully):
* On the live server open mysite/_config.php and edit the SSViewer::set_theme() to point to your new theme - SSViewer::set_theme('yourtheme'); Save this.
* On the live server run yoursite.com/db/build?flush=1 to make sure you can build every thing correctly!
And thats pretty much the steps you would take!
4 July 2008 at 11:59am
that was a fast response.
I'll do this and showcase it when ready.
4 July 2008 at 1:38pm
If it works for you or if you think Im missed any steps let me know as I will probably make this a page in the wiki or something for users
11 July 2008 at 9:13pm
my installation is not working!!!
I'm sure you can bring light into the darkness
I already try to install silverstripe the last 4 hours on the wamp server but i can not connect to my webserver. This is what i did so far:
1. stopped all wamp services
2. backed up the whole wamp folder
3. deleted the silverstripe folder within wamp
4. start install silverstripe on wamp
on installation screen i clicked BlackCandy.
Then i entered the MySQL database fields:
my sql server: localhost
my sql username: username (as given by maxnet, our website host)
my sql password: password (as given by maxnet)
my sql database: name of database (as given by maxnet)
This just doesn't work.
When i spoke with maxnet they told me that a cms doesn't neet to create a database but has permission to create tables. I even logged onto mysql on the host and i could enter and create tables etc.
this is what i got sent by my webhost (maxnet):
Database Type: MySQL
Database Name: columbardnz1
Login Name: columbardnz1
Furthermore, where to i tell the system the name of the website? where is the connection between the website und the local wamp server/or the local silverstripe?
11 July 2008 at 9:25pm
What are you trying to do? Are you trying to install SS on the live server as start install silverstripe on wamp... is a bit confusing - if you are moving a current site which is on wamp to a webserver then you should be installing it to the webserver not your local wamp
14 July 2008 at 4:48pm
maxnetusername_database username (MYSQL)
23 July 2008 at 6:17am Last edited: 23 July 2008 6:42am
According to your SECOND STEPS - copying files:
1. how come you don't copy all files to the mysite folder?
- the mysite folder structure is setup to hold all the site files
3. where does the blog folder get copied too?
If I export my localhost database and import on my live server, will this affect my login details? or any other critical info on my live database?
Page: 1 2
|Go to Top||Next >|