17488 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1978 members
|Go to End|
11 July 2008 at 12:11am
I wish to deploy my SiverStripe site to another LAMP server. How should this be done? My major concern is the database: which one(s) should I deploy?
12 July 2008 at 5:31pm
If both servers are LAMP then its fairly simple and painless - well usually.
- Setup and install SS on new Server to make sure it works and can connect to the DB.
- Export the DB from the first server then import it into the second (PHPmyadmin makes this easy)
- transfer any custom code, js, theme files across (usually you only need to make changes to mysite/code/ and themes/yourtheme so you can copy those across.
- If you installed any modules copy those too..
- Run yournewsite.com/db/build?flush=1 to see if anythings failed or not worked. There you should have it!
We use SVN to manage files between servers and changes etc so its a great way to deploy project code etc.
13 August 2008 at 1:51pm
I'm about to go through the process of moving from a local WAMP setup to a LAMP sever with an already established password for the database - where is the mysql connection info specified in SS so I can change it for the new location, and are there any other gotchas I can expect to run into when going from WAMP -> LAMP?
13 August 2008 at 1:59pm
the main issue some times with WAMP->LAMP is windows MYSQL is not case sensitive and Linux's MySQL is not. So if you get table XXX doesn't exist this can be the cause.
All the database details are kept in the mysite/_config.php file by default or you can use a environment file - http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=environment-management
|Go to Top|