17452 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1971 members
|Go to End|
19 August 2008 at 8:20pm Last edited: 19 August 2008 9:55pm
Ok so now my site is up and running (and everything's going rather smooth!) so it's time to iron out a few of the outstanding bugs, hope you guys can assist me
1) Whenever a user navigates down to post level the
If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. However, you can browse all messages below.
message below the forum name turns into
<p>If this is your first visit, you will need to <a href="ForumMemberProfile/register" title="Click here to register">register</a> before you can post. However, you can browse all messages below.</p>
Any idea why this is? and how to fix it?
2) When people create a forum post (or reply) and press enter (no matter how many times), it only goes to a new line, for some reason it will not leave a blank line so that we can differentiate between paragraphs.. again, anyone have any idea's how to fix this?
3) After forum gets say.. 4 topics (didn't take note of the exact number) it is displaying 2 pages and the "Previous Page >" link, however when you click on it there is no previous page... as there are not enough topics to fill more then 1 page yet. Any clues?
4) Can anybody tell me what the avatar "requirements" are for the forum module? I've noticed so far that only I (admin) can put up my avatar. The option is there for members but it doesn't display anything (could this be because I've got "users allowed to upload files" off in the forums? I assumed this meant attaching files to threads). I've also noticed the avatar space doesn't like displaying .gif's .....
5) Topic don't goto the top of the page when a new reply is added.... oh dear
That's it! Just 5 little issues (I hope ) - I'm hoping once this is all done ill have enough knowledge to help someone else out
20 August 2008 at 9:46am
Yea that #1 has been pissing me off. I've been trying to fix it and for the life of me couldnt work it out! Its running the same template its just on that page. In the end I just moved onto something else but I will have alook into it next time im working on the forum
#2 the BBCode parser has a few issues in 2.2.2 Ive noticed. At the moment it uses preg_replaces and str_replaces and it doesn't quite work very well. If you have any idea about regular expressions then have a look at line 115+ in BBCodeParser.php. The function parse() bit is the one thats stripping out your spaces
#3, #4 hmm make a ticket for it in open.silverstripe.com and mark the component as Forum 0.2 I can then have alook into it for you.
#5 When a new reply is added you are redirected down to your post in the thread, rather then the top of the thread.
20 August 2008 at 10:41am
Thanks willr, just create a ticket for you for points 3 and 4. Below are comments on the others...
2) cheers, i'll scope it out
5) What I mean is if I go into a forum, the the threads are always ordered the same (by post date), never by last comment added (by anyone). This makes it terribly hard to see what's new on the forums since the last time I visited.
20 August 2008 at 11:19am
oh one more question (for now ).... if we get to the point where we would like to switch over to phpbb3 forums, how easily could we integrate that into our silverstripe based site?
20 August 2008 at 1:10pm
ummm.... I can't even find BBCodeParser.php :S and I've looked fairly extensively
20 August 2008 at 1:34pm
Get a text editor with a Find File command. So handy!. So phpbb3 the easiest way is to probably have the forum on a subdomain, clean from SS or you need to edit the .htaccess file so /forums/ isnt routed to the SS Controller. You could try use the auth_external module to sync the 2 sites if you have user profiles which cross over but im not really sure - http://open.silverstripe.com/browser/modules/auth_external
|Go to Top|