17488 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1978 members
|Go to End|
30 September 2008 at 12:06pm Last edited: 30 September 2008 2:22pm
We're building a site that is dependent upon having specific URLs for landing pages, such as:
When I initially created the pages, they URLs worked just fine. After another of our devleopers made some changes and switched the pages to use some different templates, the URLs now all have "-2" appended to them and we cannot get them to save without:
Does anyone know how to permanently fix this? I did go in and directly change the URL on one of the pages in the database, which worked, but now if I edit the page, it appends the -2 on it once again.
30 September 2008 at 12:23pm Last edited: 30 September 2008 1:06pm
I've tried deleting all references to dan and dan-2 in the sitetree_versions and then renaming the ones in sitetree and sitetree_live, but each time I save it, the -2 gets appended again. Help!
30 September 2008 at 1:58pm
Make sure all traces are removed from sitetree, sitetree_live, sitetree_versions and it should work fine. The other thing you cannot do that I found out was eg I had a class called Job then tried to create a page with a url of 'job/' but of course ss rewrote this to job-2/ as you can't have a class and a page with the same url
30 September 2008 at 2:22pm
That was it -- and it's funny, just as I was about to try renaming the template object names, your reply came through. That did the trick! Thanks!
|Go to Top|