17488 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1978 members
|Go to End|
2 October 2008 at 10:29pm
is there anybody who could help me!! Please..
I am trying to build a website with two languages (german and english). when i have only default fields in my templates, everything works fine.. but, as soon as I add some custom field (also definition with extensions array), CMS doesn't work any more..
What to do?
3 October 2008 at 2:43am Last edited: 3 October 2008 2:44am
AFAIK this does not work properly (yet).
I think the core-devs put a lot of time / effort in the translatable architecture at the moment. So thisÃ‚Â´ll probably change in the future.
10 October 2008 at 12:21am
I made a following work-around:
I've changed my SiteTree.php.. Inserted all needed fields for translation into SiteTree.php.
When I need some Field in my Template that should not be translated (for example, date field in my news template or the header picture - same in both languages) it is not problem to extend page class..
the only problem is, that cms is not playing 100% with my workaround. there are some problems with ajax validator and you have to watch on the following order:
- create new page in root of your sitetree in your main language
- input all contents (save&publish)
- switch to additional language(s) (i took some widget for language chooser)
- input contents for translation
- go back to main language (first appearance of ajax error with some strange message)
- allow drag and drop and put the new page into wished place.
- sometimes you can run into problems after these steps when you want to create new page again.. but admin/?flush=1 should help you.
when I get some time, i will try to debug these errors.
|Go to Top|