17452 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1971 members
Page: 1 2
|Go to End||Next >|
12 November 2008 at 6:08pm
With reference to the Menu customization thread I posted, I said that I will put the codes somewhere on the forum, here you can find them ;)
A little Documentation for that
HOW IT WORKS:
- This module stores a page in two languages and manage a session to switch the site between those two, The menus, Content, Titles, change according to the selected language
- Extract this folder to the root of your website and run a /db/build?flush=1
- Open the backend you will find a new page type called bilingual page.
- Currently I have added the flags of the UK and Spain you can replace them with any other.
HOW TO USE:
- There is nothing to worry about, all are clear fill in the inputs with the relevant language and then view your site. You will see the language selector on the top right hand corner. Select them and see
Would like to hear your comments about this..
17 November 2008 at 1:16pm
That's very handy! Just what I was looking for, really.
However, the Breadcrumbs I have in my template don't get translated from one language to the other. Please, help.
17 November 2008 at 3:11pm Last edited: 17 November 2008 3:36pm
I will be do that fix to the next version of this, it is not done yet.
18 November 2008 at 10:38am
well I installed this but I do not see it in the pull down menu. Any suggestions? Thanks. What files should I modify to make it in italian.
18 November 2008 at 3:48pm
Try to refresh the admin panel and see.
22 November 2008 at 11:39am
nice my question is how can you link it to a page? example if in main page when I click on the other language it will show the main page info or does it change everything into the other lang? Thanks
22 November 2008 at 2:10pm
on the bilingual page there are two htmleditor fields, two text fields for title and the menu titie.
Once a user selects a language then the BilingualPage creates a session, after that eash time when it retrieved the bilingual pages check what language is choosed and returns the relevant content in the relevant fields.
thats how it works.
Page: 1 2
|Go to Top||Next >|