17488 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1978 members
|Go to End|
9 October 2007 at 11:08am
I've been working away most of the day on a new site and then hit a problem. First pages stopped displaying and then I couldn't access the database. I've checked my code and even undone some of the later changes which have only been to templates and filter on some getData queries.
Now the site doesn't display and I can't access the cms via admin (Security/login).
The only other thing I was doing before this was duplicating some pages and moving them into new sections.
It seems that something has happened with the database but I don't no what can anyone give me any ideas of things to check or any debug url parameters ?debug=1 return nothing either.
9 October 2007 at 5:54pm
Do you receive any errors or just a blank page when visiting the admin section?? I assume you have rebbuilt the database and tried all the normal ?flush=1 refreshing methods
9 October 2007 at 7:46pm
solved but thanks for your response.
I chatted on IRC and through this found the problem which was a typo mistake by me.
I had left the comma on a getData filter by mistake and you know how it is it doesn't matter how hard you look you just don't see it sometimes. Anyway the php.log revealed a parse error although I'm not sure why nothing was shown in the browser or why this affected the cms too.
I had tried the db/build and flush but these wheren't showing and results either.
9 October 2007 at 10:32pm
I'm experiencing the same problem. My admin login panel is displaying correctly but I can't access (login) the cms. No errors apears. I'm doing only small changes for translation in silverstripe-v2.0.2b\sapphire\core\model\GhostPage.php file. I'm asking for a solution or tip.
10 October 2007 at 5:24am
I've never changed the GhostPage before but I normally extend the existing class rather change the current.
I did once by mistake change Page.php and this seemed to mess everything up so I don't know if this is something for you to look at. all i can suggest is check your code again as already said I had left a comma in by mistake so the php parser was erroring the code and check your log files.
12 October 2007 at 2:03am
Thanks Trevor. It seems to be a good advice. Now i have almost 50% of silverstripe translation to polish language.
|Go to Top|