17452 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1971 members
|Go to End|
16 October 2007 at 12:01pm
I have developed a site using Silverstripe 2.1.0 on a Windows PC using XAMPP. This has worked perfectly on my local machine and I've been able to create a great site. However I've struck some problems when I've moved the site to the live hosting (unix).
I think I have narrowed it down to a mod_rewrite problem. I can navigate the public site ok, but its the CMS where I think this problem manifests itself in a number of ways:
1. When editing a template that has an ImageField, there is a problem with the URL used for the iframe (see Screenshot 1 attached). However, the URL works ok if I pass the URI in the query string (see Screenshot 2 attached).
2. The File and Images section displays a similar behaviour (see Screenshot 3 attached). Once again, a query string method can be used to get to some of the pages that won't load in an iframe (eg. ?url=/admin/assets/uploadiframe/roo)
3. As does the the Security section (see Screenshot 4 attached) for both listing current users, or trying to add a new one.
Unfortunately I have no access to the apache config for the live host, but I am going to contact them asap to find out about some of the directory permissions that are currently setup, such as AllowOverride.
Has anyone seen a problem similar to this before?
A few things to note:
* I have confirmed that all the server requirements are met on the live host (unix)
* I have tried using the database and source from my local development site
* I have also tried using a fresh install of 2.1.0
16 October 2007 at 12:02pm
and the screenshots...
16 October 2007 at 12:03pm
lets try that again...
16 October 2007 at 10:19pm
I never did find a solution to this problem, but I think it was a host configuration problem. I tried a few different hosts and managed to get it working on both Dreamhost and Quadra Hosting.
|Go to Top|