1844 Posts in 1600 Topics by 559 members
Page: 1 2
|Go to End||Next >|
4 December 2013 at 6:03am Last edited: 4 December 2013 6:04am
I have upgraded a project from 3.0 to the latest version, including the blog module and its widgets. Everything works great except a weird rendering of the RSS Feed. It appears to show the actual source code. If I look at e.g. www.silverstripe.org/blog/rss I will see the line of "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." and then the content in XML tags. With my project however the first line is missing and alls quotes and specialchars are crooked (see attachment). Even if I remove the actual content from the template, to make sure it's not the German spechialchars that cause the problem, it is not recognized as an XML output. I had the same issue with 3.0 which was one of the reasons to upgrade.
Has anyone has this issue before? Any ideas?
5 December 2013 at 12:46am Last edited: 5 December 2013 12:50am
Just to make sure if this is or isn't a bug/issue in the blogmodule, could you do a plain install of just SilverStripe plus Blogmodule and see if the problem persists? If not, it must be something else...
Edit: another thing to do would be to temporary change the locale for the site to en_US to see if that has an impact.
5 December 2013 at 1:57am
thanks für your reply. Changing the locale didn't change anything unfortunately . As I said, I have also tried to replace the rss template with a very basic XML file - no content from the datebase included - and it also didn't render the output correctly. On the other hand, if I take the original template (without any dynamic content in it) and save it as an .xml file on the server, it looks the way it should. I have the feeling something else must be happening. I am using diverse add-ons so reinstalling would be quite an effort. And the site is live and running - except for that issue.
Would it make sense to test on my local environment, or is it possibly something in connection with the server config?
5 December 2013 at 1:59am
I also checked if the
was a possible problem. That also didn't do the trick :-/
5 December 2013 at 2:11am
Would you give me a link to the actual rss feed? Feel free to email if you don't want it published here
5 December 2013 at 2:42am
Hnm... Summary and First blog look perfect on iPad, that's one thing at least i'm not at a computer right now, will look later...
5 December 2013 at 7:10am
So it looks good in Thunderbird on Mac, Safari doesn't want to open it at all, and Chrome displays what you're saying.
I'm no XML/RSS expert If noone else can tell right out of hand what is going on, I'll see if I can try a blog install tomorrow, see what gives.. Kinda curious...
5 December 2013 at 7:40am Last edited: 5 December 2013 7:41am
I only tried Chrome before. Firefox looks fine and Safari does the weirdest thing. It will open a new Chrome-Window :-o and even start Chrome if it was shut down first. But the window then stays blank and Safari jumps back to the blog itself. Cross-Browser-Weirdness...
If I find the time I'll also try a clean install locally tomorrow. Thanks for your effort in any case!
Page: 1 2
|Go to Top||Next >|