1832 Posts in 984 Topics by 553 members
|Go to End|
7 April 2009 at 7:49pm
Hi I'm new to SS, I've got a couple of new questions regarding using the blog module as a podcast:
1. How do I add an mp3 to an entry? and would the mp3's be showing correctly in the RSS feeds?
2. How do I change the url away from mysite.com/blog/ ? I unzipped to mysite.com/podcast, did the /db/build?flush=1, but my podcast url is still mysite.com/blog/
3. I will be adding a blog to my site in the future as well, will I be able to use this blog module multiple times? i.e. one instance at mysite.com/podcast/ and one at mysite.com/blog/ ?
Thanks for your help.
7 April 2009 at 9:19pm
1) Yes you can add an MP3 to a page - see tutorial 2 for adding fields to pages. If you want to add them to blog entries you have to 'decorate' the standard blog module (unless you want to edit the actual module files).
You would want to add this to your mysite/_config file - this tells SS that you have a custom code that you want to use ontop of BlogEntry
Then you would what to create a MP3BlogEntry.php file in mysite/code/ with the information you want to add to the BlogEntry. See http://www.pastie.org/439357 for my example code.
2) You can edit the URL on the 'Blog' Page in the cms - look under the 'Content' -> 'Meta Data' tab
3) Yes you can create as many instances of the BlogHolder / BlogEntries as you want
8 April 2009 at 12:53am
Thanks for that! Now I understand a little bit more about how SS works. One more question:
It looks like it wasn't necessary for me to unzip to the [SS base install]/podcast directory, how do I change it back to [SS base install]/blog? Can I simply rename it?
8 April 2009 at 11:00am
should just be able to rename it.
24 April 2009 at 12:09am
Now, how do I get the mp3 download link appear in the rss feed?
|Go to Top|