As you know, we're going to the CMS Expo Learning & Business conference, and we want you to come with us.
We think the expo will let you learn heaps about our CMS and give you a real opportunity to give feedback to us. It'll also provide a good opportunity to network, meet others using SilverStripe, and perhaps build up your client base. The expo is created for both developers building websites and apps, and also for organisations looking to find themselves the right CMS.
To help you get to the expo, we're happy to offer you both a discount, and also, a chance to win a ticket.
Get a $100 discount on your entry fee
To thank you for your interest in SilverStripe, we’d like to offer a discount of $100USD off the standard registration cost of the CMS Expo to anyone who tweets what it is that makes them love SilverStripe using the hashtag #whyIuseSilverStripe before midnight (CDT) April 15.
Win a free ticket to the expo!
But to really seal the deal, we've also got a three-day pass to the expo, valued at $779USD to give away!
If you'd like to win it, we want to see your contribution to the SilverStripe code.
Here's some rules:
- In order to enter, we want you to tweet a link to your contribution, using #silverstripecontribution as your hashtag to make sure we see it.
- Our definition of "contribution": Either a ticket on open.silverstripe.org with a patch file attached, or a pull request.
- The contribution will have to be to SilverStripe core ("sapphire", "cms" modules and "phpinstaller"), but can be to any version (2.x, 3.0 or otherwise).
- The contestant has to be the author of the code, but not necessarily the author of the original ticket.
- All code contributions from 1 January - April 18 2011 (NZST) are valid.
- Pending contributions that are not yet reviewed/commented/merged/closed by the core team count too.
- We of course encourage developers to show off their best piece of work, but any contribution counts as an entry ticket. One entry per person please - keep it fair!
- We will draw one winner at random on Tuesday afternoon, April 19 (NZST), and notify them that day.
- The prize is the expo pass only, the winner is responsible for their own travel, accommodation, and incidental costs.
So get contributing and tweeting! And if you're coming to Chicago, make sure you come along to our meetup there too. Otherwise, we’d love to see you in San Francisco on April 27, or New York on May 5.