Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar Formatting Question

Go to End

5 Posts   1189 Views

owaiskl

Community Member, 16 Posts

2 December 2009 at 10:05am

Hey,

I've just been doing some design work on a silverstripe website. I just updated the silverstripe to the latest version, have installed an event calendar module and a blog module and a custom theme. My question is, because I am using a sidebar on the Page.ss default, the sidebar also appears on the page for the event calendar. This is problematic because the calendar browser thing then splits the content space into further columns. Is there way to create a page with a custom sidebar so the events calendar only has two columns or perhaps a way to place the calendar browser in the sidebar of the default Page.ss template? Hopefully, my question makes sense.

Any help is much appreciated

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

2 December 2009 at 10:44am

The templates that come with EventCalendar are just there to get you started. You should be using your own templates to work with your site design. You can do that by creating parallel templates in your mysite or theme directory.

/your_theme/templates/Layout/Calendar.ss
/your_theme/templates/Layout/CalendarEvent.ss

Copy over the content and alter as you see fit.

owaiskl

2 December 2009 at 2:02pm

I did try to create parallel themes, but I'm not still not sure where exactly I would make the edits to disable the sidebar from the default style of the page.ss and have the calendar page formatted with it's own sidebar? So basically, I get how to edit the look of the calendar in the calendar.ss file and attached css, but am not sure how to change the layout of the page structure outside the 'wrapper' it seems to load in. Sorry if I'm not getting something here, but I did try to figure it out myself with no luck so far.

Thanks.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

2 December 2009 at 2:55pm

I usually put the $ClassName value in the body class so I can target different page templates with CSS, e.g.

.Calendar #sidebar {display:none;}

owaiskl

2 December 2009 at 3:08pm

Thanks for the help, I figured out another way to do it too. Now that I've finished that, I can finally get some sleep!