Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

2 modules I made

Go to End

23 Posts   9465 Views

roterl

Community Member, 44 Posts

6 December 2009 at 8:49am

Edited: 06/12/2009 8:54am

I made 2 modules which you may found useful...

One is "WidgetsManager". It allow adding widgets to any page easily, and provide easy management. It allow create WidgetsAreas that are available to all the pages (so you don't have to configure it to every page). It also support using the page's parent WidgetsArea, or set unique widget list.

The second is "Embedded". It allow embed dynamic content in the page's main content, by providing keyword that will call PHP method.
This allow it easy to embed code, like google maps, or even other modules and widgets.
It include sample code that embed google maps simple by add in the page content:

$Embed(GoogleMap,-28.643387,153.612224,8)

Add marker is as simple by add:
$Embed(GoogleMapMarker,-28.643387,153.612224,Test GMap)

There is also sample code that embed the YouTube module by adding
$Embed(EmbeddedYoutubeWidget::video,http://www.youtube.com/v/2bI3IWs8_lQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1,SilverStripe video,200,200)

The modules attached to this post.

Rotem.

davidm2010

Community Member, 107 Posts

8 December 2009 at 11:21am

Edited: 08/12/2009 11:22am

I get this error on embeded:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; yie8)
Timestamp: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 22:20:36 UTC

Line: 103
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost/silverstripe/

Using 2.3.4.

davidm2010

Community Member, 107 Posts

8 December 2009 at 11:34am

Widget Manager works so far.

roterl

8 December 2009 at 3:26pm

davidm2010, does the directory name is Embedded-v0.1?? (with the version)
If so, change it to be embedded

It try to find the javascript under the path /embedded/javascript ...

Please update me.

thanks,
Rotem.

roterl

10 December 2009 at 5:36am

Update for WidgetManager.

Attached Files
Chrisazuka

Community Member, 20 Posts

10 December 2009 at 9:55am

Hi roterl thanks for the very useful widget manager.

I just downloaded the widgets manager v0.2 and installed on SilverStripe v.2.3.4. Its working fine on the Admin side, added featured product widget sucessfully but after inserting $SidebarWidgets inside my template and ?flush, nothing is showing up on my frontpage.

I want to use the featured product widget to display featued product on my pages expecially my homepage.

Do i need to do anything special to get widget manager to work with featured product widget?

Will very much appreciate your help.

Chrisazuka

Community Member, 20 Posts

10 December 2009 at 9:55am

Hi roterl thanks for the very useful widget manager.

I just downloaded the widgets manager v0.2 and installed on SilverStripe v.2.3.4. Its working fine on the Admin side, added featured product widget sucessfully but after inserting $SidebarWidgets inside my template and ?flush, nothing is showing up on my frontpage.

I want to use the featured product widget to display featued product on my pages expecially my homepage.

Do i need to do anything special to get widget manager to work with featured product widget?

Will very much appreciate your help.

roterl

10 December 2009 at 10:53am

hi Chrisazuka
Just to make sure,
On the Admin side -
did you modify / create widget area on the "Widgets Manager" main tab? if so, on the page you want to show it, under the "Conent/Managed Widgets" tab - make sure the type is "Managed" and select under the "Managed Widgets" pull-down the one you need.

if you modify specific page using his "Managed Widgets" tab, make sure the the type is "self"

also, if you did this right, make sure the template is ok.
I tested the featured product widget with the "blackcandy" theme (which I modified a bit - http://ssorg.bigbird.silverstripe.com/widgets-2/show/274963?start=0#post275094) and it works.

Please tell me if you sill have troubles with it (or if it works and you happy :) )

Rotem.

Go to Top