Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

2 modules I made

Go to End

23 Posts   9468 Views

Victor

Community Member, 128 Posts

13 February 2010 at 4:34pm

Would be very nice to add GoogleStreetView either as part of GoogleMap or as separate submodule (example)

roterl

Community Member, 44 Posts

15 February 2010 at 10:58am

Maybe I'll do it when I'll have more time somewhere next week (no promise :) )
Meanwhile. attached updated version of the embedded module. The syntax changed to allow better parsing support.
It now support multiple commands in one embed and support nesting brackets. (look and the README for more details).

It also have updated Emdedded submodule, with new method InsertJavaScript($jacascript). This execute the given java script from within page's content without modifying the page itself.
@Victor, Maybe you can use this to use the GoogleStreetView.

Rotem.

Attached Files
Pike

Community Member, 42 Posts

3 June 2010 at 12:01am

Great module.
To be usable for SS 2.4 you'd change code in /code/ManagedWidgetsAreaHolder.php in method requireDefaultRecords()

Database::alteration_message('Default Widgets manager created', 'created');

to:

DB::alteration_message('Default Widgets manager created', 'created');

frank09

Community Member, 1 Post

1 August 2010 at 7:13pm

Realy great Modul. I use it with SS 2.4.1.

I miss the Scrollbar, when i try to edit a Widget Area. Have someone the same Problem?

Thanks
Frank

sajok

Community Member, 82 Posts

8 August 2010 at 12:17am

Just to make sure,
On the Admin side -
did you modify / create widget area on the "Widgets Manager" main tab? if so, on the page you want to show it, under the "Conent/Managed Widgets" tab - make sure the type is "Managed" and select under the "Managed Widgets" pull-down the one you need. 

Can somebody explain to me the above..
Using ss 2.4, I installed widgetsManager v 0.2. Now, and I don't have an option to create a widget in the "Widgets Manager" menu tab., nor a tab called "Content/Managed Widgets", I have only one tab called Widgets Manager..!

thanks in advance

roterl

9 August 2010 at 8:39am

Edited: 09/08/2010 8:41am

Hi everyone,
Long time without updates.... I didn't have much time since my child birth... :)

I updated the WidgetsManager to work with SS 2.4.1 (@Pike Thanks for the tip). This also fix the scrollbar issue.

@sajok, the "Widgets Manager" menu tab is the one that on the top menu bar (near the Security, Help, etc...)
The "Content/Managed Widgets" tab is for each page. when you select a page there are tabs of Content, Behavior, etc... Under the content tab you will find sub-tabs (Main, Metadata, and more) one of them is the "Managed Widgets".
Select the "Widgets Manager" you can create new Managed Widgets area holder by clicking the button, or select one by searching (searching with empty field will return all available holders.

Rotem.

Attached Files
sajok

Community Member, 82 Posts

9 August 2010 at 8:54am

Edited: 09/08/2010 8:56am

thank you so much for the update and explanation.. I didn't notice the upper tabs when I first tested this widget ;).. I was trying to add Calendar widget in frontpage but version 0.02 didn't work for me using ss 2.4.1. I'll try again with this update..
I have one question, should I upload this to override the old version or should I first remove old folder and install the new one?

thanks

roterl

10 August 2010 at 8:00am

@sajok both ways should work