Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

User Defined Forms Issue

Go to End

7 Posts   1615 Views

animasola

Community Member, 121 Posts

8 December 2009 at 12:17pm

Hi,

I have a lot of user defined forms to help automate the registration of a race for my friend. I set it up days ago but forgot one important field. The problem I have now is that whenever I add a new field, it takes forever to 'save and publish' and i always end up giving up. One time, I have waited for around 10 minutes and nothing happened. Does anyone have a similar problem?

One possible cause I could think of is that there were already people who signed up and adding a new field would mess it up so it couldn't be saved. Does anyone have a similar issue?

Thanks.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 December 2009 at 8:30pm

If you have firebug (firefox plugin) installed then open up the console tab, then hit save and publish. You should see the request to the server. Does that request finish or does it error?. Some times in the CMS the page will save but the success message may not appear so if you see in the console that request returns a 200 (OK) then its probably saved but the message hasn't been updated.

animasola

10 December 2009 at 1:12pm

I tried saving the form again and here is what firebug showed:

POST http://ateneoswimming.com/admin/EditForm 200 OK 958ms base.js?...259512367 (line 61)

Cookie PastMember changed ateneoswimming.com
Cookie PastMember changed ateneoswimming.com

I've been waiting for minutes and nothing has changed. I reloaded the page and nothing changed. Is this more than just a form module issue and one of the core cms?

animasola

10 December 2009 at 5:59pm

Could it be related to this?

"I hit problems with save and publish not working recently - the 'Saving' message never goes away. In my case it was because I was creating a large user-defined form that exceeded the PHP memory limits on the server. To manage that particular form, I had to copy the database to my Macbook Pro, where I had much higher PHP memory limit, fix the page, then load the database back onto the server.

Not a nice process but it has only happened for this particular circumstance. In your case, I'm guessing that the Save failure is related to time in use rather than particular pages but it might be worth checking the PHP memory limit on your server."

I got that from 'Bruce B' from another thread.

haantje72

Community Member, 69 Posts

12 December 2009 at 8:27pm

Got here the same problem. Found out when i have a form without dropdownfields, there's no problem saving and publishing.
When putting in 1 dropdownfield or more it does not save and publish, it takes ages. Waited for 20 minutes, but the page still says saving but nothing happens. When i reload the published public page, it is saved till the dropdownfield and the rest after it is gone (not in the cms).
Saving is possible, publishing not!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

12 December 2009 at 8:37pm

haantje72 you are probably having this issue - http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/4586

haantje72

Community Member, 69 Posts

13 December 2009 at 2:51am

probably... running here on my own server the newest php... and no problems with it... on the hosting server is php 5.1... and that gives the problem i think. All databases are made. html programming is usual no problem. php im a starter. have silverstripe for 3 other websites allready running on another hoster and gives no problems. love the cms