Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Simple Guestbook module

Go to End

85 Posts   50230 Views

Platypus

Community Member, 43 Posts

8 March 2010 at 6:43am

Hi Marc, the new version is working fine :) You're idea about a little configuration option for ReCaptcha in the backend sounds great - also the inclusion of SimpleSpam.
I finally edited the css-code - here is the Guestbook module installation of my Silverstripe website:

http://www.grundschule-hugstetten.de/gaestebuch/

Regards,
Platypus

Euphemismus

Community Member, 82 Posts

8 March 2010 at 6:57am

Hi Platypus,

I've integrated the simplestSpam module, added a dropdown for ReCaptcha templates and language auto-detection for the javascript object.
If you're interested: Check the trunk :-) The new version will be released as soon as version 2.4 support is fully included.

A general advice: Since I'm using a modified DataObjectSet for the entries/comments display, there's a fatal error when using the latest 2.4beta of Silverstripe! So don't use the comment feature with 2.4 or stay with 2.3x :-)
I'm on it...

Regards,
Marc

Platypus

8 March 2010 at 9:12am

Wow, that sounds great - I can't wait to test the new features! :-) I will try the trunk in the next days asap... Currently I'm on SS 2.3.6 and will start testing 2.4 beta version(s) in the coming weeks.

Platypus

26 March 2010 at 10:21am

Hi Marc,
I finally installed the latest trunk version and I'm really impressed how nice the new recaptcha styling option is working. No need for tweaking around with javascript in the templates anymore! Thx :-)
I am missing a similar option for the recaptcha language parameter... because whatever i18n setting I try, the recaptcha field and the help is always using English. I worked around it with hacking the recaptcha language array in Guestbook.php to only use 'de', but that breaks with every update of course.

Besides that, the trunk works great and stable for me - with SS 2.3.7, there's no time for testing 2.4beta2 currently.

Platypus

Euphemismus

26 March 2010 at 10:32am

Hi Platypus,
big thanks for the testing :-) I'm happy it's all working as expected - I'll add the language support within the next days as I have time.
My main concern at the moment is the 2.4 compatibility. This is really an issue because my implementation of the comments seems to be broken in 2.4b :-(
Main problem is: I'm building the DataObjectSets for the page from two arrays - entries and comments - where the comments are added while iterating the entries. Thereafter I wrap this as a DataObjectSet, which works in 2.3.x and here the whole thing breaks.
I hope the bugreport I filed around two weeks ago will be taken care of...
Since I'm eager to get this solved I'm working on using xDebug with my local development environment to find the problem and maybe solve it.
Besides that, again thanks for using the module and giving feedback! :-)

Regards,
Marc

Euphemismus

27 March 2010 at 7:34am

Since I've had some spare time today, I've fixed and added a few things:

• fixed the nested DataObjectSet problem (at least found a workaround)
  • added a language-override if i18n is not set for ReCaptcha. Also I've found a bug in my language determination which sets the ReCaptcha language automatically ;-)
  • since someone added a new jQuery version, I had to correct a few things for the "add comments" dialog, since ui.dialog changed a bit

If anyone wants to test (you'll need 2.4b2), feel free to get the latest trunk version.

mathiasmex

Community Member, 28 Posts

29 March 2010 at 12:00am

Hi Marc,

just noticed that in Guestbook.ss, you have following code included (line 3):

<!-- $Form -->

This forces in Opera the display of the Form on top of the page and some ugly code snippet, as the "-->" signs a shown below send button. Deleting this code snippet clears the double form (I included my form in the sidebar) and doesn't render the snippet above mentioned.

Gruß,

mathiasmex

Euphemismus

29 March 2010 at 12:30am

Hi Mathiasmex,
in which version of the guestbook does this happen?
I've just looked through the revisions and found no <!-- $Form -->
Have you tried the latest release (not trunk version although it should also work with SS 2.3x, but not fully tested)?