*facepalm* alright got it :-) thanks for helping me out!! btw nice guitar ;-)
85 Posts 36169 Views
No problem :-)
Ok, visibility is bad on that pic: It's the Thunderbird bass I played on my last gig ;-)
To keep you all updated:
I've migrated my repositories to a Git instance on my own server, but still fighting with gitolite. Also had to rework my access/rights structure on the server. This is really time-consuming *sigh*
Work on the next guestbook release will continue at the weekend.
My guestbook guests found a bug in the new verison that i have installed.
When the guests use windows XP with IE8, the color difference between two different messages isn't visible anymore.
This was ok with the previous version.
Can u take a look at this issue for the next version.
I've got another couple of fixes and addons for this module...:)
- -[minor] One of my clients requested the option to set the sender address of the receipt-email, as I think this might be useful for others, this change is included in the patches.
- -[minor] the receipt mail is only sent, if the entry is "new" (didn't exist in database before)
- -[minor] the mail has a better format, with the right names and text added, line breaks added
- -[minor] the link to the new entry in the mail is now working
- -[minor] the "id"-property has been added to the header link of each entry
- -[minor] to enable this, a new method in GuestbookEntry, LinkId(), has been added
- -[major] the Guestbook_Controller now implements PermissionProvider, to enable custom permissions:
- -user is allowed to delete comments
- -user is allowed to delete sub-comments
- -user is allowed to add sub-comments
- -user is allowed to change the state (mark as spam and activate) of a comment
with this change, now the icons on the front end side of the guest book only show, if the user is allowed to view those icons...
- -user is allowed to delete comments
- -[minor] lang-files have been updated according to those changes...
- -[minor] the method deleteCommentsByEntryID() in GuestbookEntryComment is now static, as there's no object context needed there
- -[minor] checkPermission($perm) has been added in GuestbookEntryComment and GuestbookEntry because of restrictions of the template language (top.method(param) is not possible...)
I think that's all, albeit I might have missed something...
I hope those changes are useful to you, or someone else,
thank you (again) for the contribution!
I'll include these things as soon as I find time for the next release.
If you're interested in a developer access to my git server, mail me ;)
I've set up a server with ssh/private key auth.
Sorry for answering that late, the gateway timeouts were keeping me from answering...
I'd be interested in a developer access, so I could check in my patches directly...:)
no problem there - you can find my eMail address in the fileheaders ;-)
Just send me the public key and I'll send your the access data.
@all: If anyone else wants to contribute...
Also I'm just at working with the new git repository. This will also be included in the guestbook's module page.
I'm fumbling around with the BBCodeParser class and its smilie-functionality. This is really basic. Nothing too fancy with smilie configuration and stuff. Hardcoded array in the framework files. Thought this would be better than my idea, though. Means: I'll be fixing mine, now.
A small preview: [url=http://ssmaint.aschmann.org/guestbook/]watch me[/url]
And s!m just joined me in development ;)
About the missing background for the odd/even list elements: This seems to be a IE rendering bug, related to the famous "peekaboo".
I've not found the approprioate spot to fix it, yet.
Also focus for the default style is on IE8+ and the more modern browsers.