Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Simple Guestbook module

Go to End

85 Posts   50229 Views

Euphemismus

Community Member, 82 Posts

12 February 2010 at 7:56am

Edited: 15/02/2010 6:22am

Hi,
since I did some more work than intended on this module, I'm about to release v0.9.1.
Therefore I need some more testing and best way is other people testing my changes ;-) I already did a lot of testing, though, but I'm sure there are a lot of bugs I haven't seen.
So please get the latest version here: http://aschmann.org/svn/mod_guestbook/trunk/
Or direct download: HERE

I'd be glad if you could give me some feedback :-)
Time limit untill next release will be Sunday 11am GTM +1.
[edit]
I've alredy updatet the "see this module in action" page. So it's also testable there.
[/edit]

Euphemismus

15 February 2010 at 6:21am

As I've announced earlier, I've released the new version 0.9.1.
It's absolutely compatible with previous versions and should work fine.

If you find any problems, just write here or file a bug report - don't forget to select a project first :-)
Comments, suggestions, requests etc. are always appreciated!

Regards,
Marc

Platypus

Community Member, 43 Posts

24 February 2010 at 6:42am

Edited: 24/02/2010 6:48am

Hi Marc, you're Guestbook module is great and quite easy to integrate in an existing project. Do you know a way to switch recaptcha spamprotection to German and another theme than red?

Or could you think about allowing this "simplest spam module" http://silverstripe.org/simplest-spam-module/ as another antispam option in you're guestbook module? It would be sufficient for many little websites but better than math spam protection ;)

Thanks for you're nice work and this fine module :-)

Euphemismus

24 February 2010 at 11:38am

Edited: 24/02/2010 11:39am

Hi Platypus,

thank you for the feedback :-) Sure the mathSpamProtection isn't the best thing, but better than nothing.
I'll have a look into simplest spam, but I can't say how stable this module is. If the code looks OK and I have enough time this week(end), I'll give it a try.
Also, if I find enough time, I'll add some checks for installed spam protection modules, so you can choose only from the installed ones.
Regarding the ReCaptcha:
You should set the locale in your mysite/_config.php to "i18n::set_locale('de_DE');"
The plugin detects some langugages, as I've seen in the code.
If you want to set a different theme for ReCaptcha, try the "RecaptchaField.php" on line 206 and add following code:

$this->jsOptions['theme'] = 'blackglass'; //change to whatever theme you like

The different themes you can find here: Look & Feel Customization
It would be much better to ask the maintainers to add a possibility for setting this in a separate config file, though :-)

Regards,
Marc

Platypus

26 February 2010 at 3:38am

Thanks for you're help Marc, I know of course that you are not the maintainer of the reCaptcha module ;-) I skipped reCaptcha for the moment and tried Math Spam Protection (even translated it to German). But sadly it's really to weak and I'm getting spam posted in the guestbook (of an elementary school) already. So I'm going to give reCaptcha another try...

Euphemismus

26 February 2010 at 3:57am

Edited: 26/02/2010 4:21am

Hi Platypus,

no problem at all :-)
Btw. someone found a solution for the ReCaptcha styling problem here.
Also I had a look into the simplest spam module last night and it's rather simple (maybe like the name says and the version number indicates) and in my opinion there would be a lot of work to be done there. Things like translations and some variances for the protection question would be nice.
Maybe I could ask the maintainer if it's OK if I help maintaining or just use the code for some builtin-spamprotection for the GB module.
I'll see what I can do :-)

Regards,
Marc

Platypus

6 March 2010 at 9:51am

Hi Marc, I finally got ReCaptcha working with my website ;-)
I included the following Javascriptcode in my page.ss:

<script type="text/javascript">
		var RecaptchaOptions = {
			theme : 'white'
			,lang : 'de'
		};
	</script>

Again, thx for you're help and this fine working module... I'm trying to customize the css code for my guestbook now.

Euphemismus

7 March 2010 at 9:33am

Hi platypus,
I'll add that to my ToDo list ;-) Some small configuration for ReCaptcha within the admin backend like the paging.
Also I've had some thoughts about the SimpleSpam module. I'll include it within the next version - together with a check of 3.4 compatibility.

Today I found a bug in the 0.91 version of the guestbook if no entries are there - so please update :-)

Regards,
Marc