Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Pop up not working in gallery

Go to End

5 Posts   1896 Views

anujkryadav

Community Member, 30 Posts

8 December 2009 at 11:00pm

Hello
I have installed SilverStripe-v2.3.3 and gallery-0.2.2,In the gallery page though images are showing but when i click on images nothing happen ,no pop up comes out i,e nothing happens.

I have installed the same version of gallery and SilverStripe and in that website gallery is working fine,So i think its not an issue with compatibility or server not supporting,as in the same server and client its working fine but in different website.

Engels

Community Member, 3 Posts

10 December 2009 at 2:39pm

I had the same problem. During install, I had renamed the gallery folder from "gallery-v0.2.3" to just "gallery" (because the instructions seemed to imply this). When I changed the name of this folder back to "gallery-v0.2.3" it started working. Only problem is that images are now appearing on a new page instead of as a javascript pop-up, but I have a feeling this is a separate issue...

anujkryadav

Community Member, 30 Posts

11 December 2009 at 6:50pm

Thank you Engels atleast now something is opening when I am clicking the images in gallery page

ulysses

Community Member, 57 Posts

14 December 2009 at 12:21pm

Anujkryadav,

The instructions to name the folder as "gallery" are correct. It is important to stick to the standard. I suggest that you delete the folder "gallery-v0.2.3" on your web server and then run /dev/build to clear out any references to it. Then re-upload the "gallery" folder to the server and re-run the /dev/build to set up the "Gallery Page" type again.

Also ensure that the "gallery" folder is in the root of your site at the same level as the folders "mysite", "sapphire", etc.

It works correctly every time.

Engels

Community Member, 3 Posts

14 January 2010 at 7:30pm

I tried removing the module, doing a db/build and then reinstalling but no difference. In the end, I decided to use the flickr gallery instead. But alas, same problem.

Eventually I managed to get it working by following the instructions relating to the pop-up not working found here:
http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/256590

Hope this helps???