Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Issues with Image Gallery (silverstripe-imagegallery)

Go to End

6 Posts   1686 Views

SS SS

Community Member, 24 Posts

27 June 2015 at 10:26pm

Edited: 27/06/2015 10:33pm

Guys, I need some help please as I am having some issues with image_gallery module + Silverstripe 3.1

http://addons.silverstripe.org/add-ons/tractorcow/silverstripe-imagegallery

Issue 1: While creating a new album/gallery, the module is always creating "new-image-gallery-page" folder in "Files" section. It should be the name of the gallery.

/image-gallery/new-image-gallery-page/<album-name>

Issue 2: If you change the album name, it does not reflect the folder name/path in the "Files" section.

Issue 3: After the album name has been changed, it will not delete photo(s) from the "Files" section if you remove the photo individually or the full album.

Issue 4: Changing the sequence of the photos in the gallery album. For example, I have uploaded 50 pictures in one album, pagination starts after 20, (so 20 photos on first page, 20 photos on second page and 10 photos on third page), there is no mechanism to bring the photos from the third or second page to the first page. While selecting the drag and drop mechanism in version 2.4, it use to display all the images on same page where it seems not possible in 3.1 with "SortableGridField module"?

Cheers,

SS SS

29 June 2015 at 10:13pm

Is it only me who is having issues with image gallery module?

JonoM

Community Member, 130 Posts

30 June 2015 at 5:20am

Hi ss-ss, I think that module might be a bit out of date, you might want to check out https://github.com/frankmullenger/silverstripe-gallery it seems to be a popular module that is being more actively maintained.

SS SS

30 June 2015 at 9:03pm

Edited: 30/06/2015 9:05pm

Hi JonoM, Many thanks for your reply. I have had a look, it is very simple not as advanced as image_gallery. The reason I am asking some help on the image_gallery module because my client is use to the module and looking for similar sort of mechanism. He has used it before with version 2.4.

http://addons.silverstripe.org/add-ons/tractorcow/silverstripe-imagegallery

Hope Uncle cheese or Damain can comment on the issues.

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

5 July 2015 at 9:15pm

You'd have to raise the issues on github then I think. Seems like the best place for it.

SS SS

6 July 2015 at 7:47pm

I did, and also emailed Andrew Houle (who created the module).

The strange thing is, only I have noticed these issues?