Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Newsletter: Default subscribe form - only shows checkbox, no other fields

Go to End

3 Posts   1909 Views

richard-ward

Community Member, 31 Posts

11 December 2009 at 4:37am

Hi,

I am at a bit of a loss as to how to make the default newsletter subscription form work. I am running the latest stable release of Silverstripe (2.3.4), the latest release (not trunk) of User Forms module (0.2.0) and the latest release (not trunk) of the newsletter module (0.1.1).

I have installed it successfully and have the tab in the top of the admin console, this appears to be fine - I can add and delete drafts etc. I also have a page 'Newsletter' under site tree which uses the Subscribe Form page type. This page is being shown on my default page template Page.ss as $Content and $Form. Unfortunately I am only seeing a checkbox for the newsletter and a form submission button, but no other fields to fill in, such as Email address, Name etc. Am I doing something stupid?

I should add I have browsed the forum thoroughly to try and understand whether I should do anything different and cannot dig up a useful post. I have also read the below pages, but have found them to hold no useful information:

http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=modules:newsletter
http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=newslettersytemhelp&s=newsletter

Many thanks in advance

Richard

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

11 December 2009 at 8:47am

I don't believe the newsletter subscription form works with userforms 0.2. I know there has been a bit of development in newsletter trunk to get the form working so perhaps try that - It doesn't use userforms anymore. I made some major API changes to the module which prevented the newsletter functionality working.

richard-ward

Community Member, 31 Posts

11 December 2009 at 10:56am

Thanks for that.

I've downloaded the latest trunk build instead: newsletter-trunk-r94580.tar.gz. This helps in that there is now a page type: Subscription Page, which appears to have the fields First Name, Surname, Email etc. Unfortunately the Email field does not show up on the front page. There is a checkbox next to the fields to set which to show on the main page - however, the email checkbox is disabled and unchecked. Any ideas?

Regards
Richard