Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Member Profile Module - Profile Sections

Go to End

Babalou

Community Member, 21 Posts

21 August 2015 at 4:15am

I am a bit confused about this class called MemberProfileSection that exists in the Member Profile Module.
There is a tab for managing 'sections' in the CMS with one 'section' in it.
If you delete this section you get a button to add another, but the button doesn't work because it is not linked to any method or destination.
I'm not even clear what this does because it only seems to activate when viewing and not editing your own profile, and when it does activate destruction ensues.
It does not seem to know what member it is supposed to be handling and important methods have not been implemented like forTemplate() and defaultTitle(). It's almost like it's a class that is partly an interface.

So it seems to me that this might be an unfinished thing and I have stumbled over something that wasn't supposed to come up. Can anybody clarify this for me and possibly point me in the right direction to either a) use it correctly b) fix it c) work around it.

I offer my heart-felt gratitude in advance.