Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Module Installation, Silverstripe does not pick up module and hence database build does not take place

Go to End

2 Posts   1486 Views

secuaz

Community Member, 24 Posts

25 August 2015 at 1:15am

I have followed http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9942621/how-to-install-and-use-modules-in-silverstripe as guidance on how to install a module.

I have silverstripe 3.1.13 installed and have unzziped the SortableGridField module (Requirements: SilverStripe 3.0.x, 3.1.x, 3.2.x ) to the destination folder named SortableGridField in the directory containing assets,cmd,framework etc.
The problem I am having is that when doing the /dev/build?flush=all silverstripe will not pick up the module and it doesn't rebuild the database. Is there anything I need to have in mind that I am missing? Any help would be appreciated.

markguinn

Community Member, 27 Posts

25 August 2015 at 10:08pm

I don't think that module will change the database at all. You have to add your own Sort fields to the data objects and then you just tell SortableGridField what the name of the field is when you add it to gridfield.