Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Website error on installing Calender

5 Posts   969 Views

srd

Community Member, 4 Posts

9 January 2010 at 7:10pm

Hi,

I downloaded the event calender module from the site http://eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.com/ and then placed it in the home directory and builded the database. After this when I try to access the admin page, I am getting website error. Can anyone let me know how I can find out what is the problem and set it right.

TIA
srd

sureshk

Community Member, 10 Posts

9 January 2010 at 11:53pm

Edited: 10/01/2010 1:02am

Find the clear error by adding Director::set_environment_type("dev"); to your mysite/_config.php file .
You will see the details of errors so that you can understand better what is the problem.

srd

10 January 2010 at 1:55am

Edited: 10/01/2010 1:59am

This is the error

[User Error] DataObjectDecorator->setOwner(): Trying to decorate an object of class 'CMSMain' with 'CalendarScriptInit', only Dataobject subclasses are supported.
GET /admin

Line 44 in /silver/sapphire/core/model/DataObjectDecorator.php
Source

35    private static $extra_statics_loaded = array();
37    function setOwner(Object $owner, $ownerBaseClass = null) {
38       if(!($owner instanceof DataObject)) {
39          user_error(sprintf(
40             "DataObjectDecorator->setOwner(): Trying to decorate an object of class '%s' with '%s',
41             only Dataobject subclasses are supported.",
42             get_class($owner), $this->class),
43             E_USER_ERROR
44          );
45          return false;
46       }
47       parent::setOwner($owner, $ownerBaseClass);
48    }
50    /**

Trace

* DataObjectDecorator->setOwner(): Trying to decorate an object of class 'CMSMain' with 'CalendarScriptInit', only Dataobject subclasses are supported.
Line 44 of DataObjectDecorator.php
* DataObjectDecorator->setOwner(CMSMain,LeftAndMain)
Line 492 of Object.php
* Object->__construct()
Line 74 of RequestHandler.php
* RequestHandler->__construct()
Line 274 of Director.php
* Director::handleRequest(HTTPRequest,Session)
Line 121 of Director.php
* Director::direct(/admin)
Line 118 of main.php

srd

10 January 2010 at 2:01am

Is there some place where I can getting working version of the laterst event calender. The one from the silverstripe modules site also seems to have some problem.

TIA

bluefield

Community Member, 2 Posts

16 January 2010 at 9:40am

Hi SRD.
Exactly same problem, with SilverStripe version 2.4. What is a little strange is, that in the backend other sections work fine, only content management section doesn't. When you put ...com/admin/assets/ (for example) to admin access, it opens. but when you try to go site content section of backend, appears error message. By the way, I didn't got clear about that occurred error: have you any glue what it might be and how to arrange it properly?