Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Event Calendar Collapsible dates

4 Posts   895 Views

Miles

Community Member, 14 Posts

13 January 2010 at 5:42am

UncleCheese, once again thank you for this module, it's been a lifesaver.

It's documented that if an event has 2 times on the same day, then the event should collapse into one date/time with multiple times on the front end. That doesn't seem to be working. I also don't see in the code where this is addressed. I've tried it on 2.4, 2.3.4 and your sample calendar at http:://eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.org with the event "Event where times should collapse".

Am I missing something, or is this just a future feature that just hasn't made it into the code base yet?

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

13 January 2010 at 7:03am

It was in there for a while, but it was a nightmare. Kept breaking all over the place, and some events were just randomly not showing, so I commented it out.

Ultimately we need to change the model so that dates have many times. A perfect use case for Nested DOM.

Miles

Community Member, 14 Posts

13 January 2010 at 8:24am

I just stumbled upon your method for it just now looking at a different issue. Do you think it could work with some tweaking?

Miles

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

13 January 2010 at 8:42am

Feel free to try it. The logic is based on decrementing and augmenting the counter from within the loop. So it's a delicate balance of infinite recursion versus omitting records.

Let me know how you do.