Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Installing Subsites Module

7 Posts   1641 Views

Doverose

Community Member, 8 Posts

27 January 2010 at 5:47am

Whilst I had no problems installing the subsites module on my localhost with wamp, I cannot get it to install at all - not even rebuild the databank when I upload the same subsite directory to my server hosted by domainfactory. Any ideas what could be the problem?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

27 January 2010 at 11:45am

Do you get an error? If you enable display_errors in your php.ini and turn on dev mode on your live site (just for now) you should get a more helpful error message.

Doverose

28 January 2010 at 12:19am

Thanks Willr.
I cannot get it to display any errors even with everything switched on. I just get the Silverstripe Web error banner come up. The browser error console does not show any errors either.

Doverose

28 January 2010 at 2:11am

Solved the problem
Added: Director::set_environment_type("dev"); to mysite/config file
(I did this in an attempt to see the messages)
Then it surprisingly worked!
Afterwards I could comment that out and it still works.

Euphemismus

Community Member, 82 Posts

28 January 2010 at 3:08am

If logged in as administrator, you can also add the URL-param ?isDev=1
this also enables development-mode for you.
[url=http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=urlvariabletools]This might also be handy...[/url]

Regards,
Marc

Doverose

28 January 2010 at 3:31am

Thanks Marc for the useful tip. It's just been beginner's luck to date.
Steve

ulysses

Community Member, 57 Posts

16 February 2010 at 12:58am

I have tried installing subsites with the genericdataadmin module. when I try to access the site or run /db/build or /dev/build I get database errors regarding missing table for the sub-site.

Running the DEV mode, I see the error...

[User Error] Couldn't run query: SELECT `Subsite`.*, `Subsite`.ID, if(`Subsite`.ClassName,`Subsite`.ClassName,'Subsite') AS RecordClassName FROM `Subsite` WHERE (`Subdomain` = 'kidsmusiccompany' AND `IsPublic` = 1) ORDER BY "Title" LIMIT 1 Table 'kidsmc_ss233.Subsite' doesn't exist
GET /

Line 401 in /home/kidsmc/domains/kidsmusiccompany.com/public_html/sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php
Source
.........etc. etc.

SS 2.3.3
subsites trunk modules_subsites_trunk-r99005.zip