Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ImageGallery: 2 problems

Go to End

5 Posts   1305 Views

Big Olli

Community Member, 3 Posts

3 February 2010 at 9:40pm

Hi,

I´ve installed SS 2.3.5 with Image_gallery. It works great.

But now I´ve 2 problems:
1. the menu in from the gallery sides it´s not the same how the rest of the side (look at http://world-of-coaster.de/unser-team/ and http://world-of-coaster.de/test/). I will have the same struktur.

2. I think it´s possible to show the gallery pics inside from text. My wish is text --> dates inside a chart --> pics --> text. Can something give me a tip ?

Greetings from Germany
Olli

PS: I hope my english is ok ?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

4 February 2010 at 2:12am

Your English is great! Certainly better than my German. :)

The ImageGallery templates are intended to be customized for your site. It would be impossible to fit them into everyone's unique site structure. So you need to "override" the template -- not by modifying it, but by creating a new one of your own.

In your theme directory, create:

/themes/[your_theme]/templates/Layout/ImageGalleryPage_album.ss

Now, copy the content over from /image_gallery/templates/Layout/ImageGalleryPage_album.ss

Save, and run ?flush=1.

Now, you can modify the template in your theme directory to fit your site structure. Also, you can create ImageGallery.css in your /themes/[your_theme]/css/ directory to override the CSS file.

What you do not want to do is alter the files in the /image_gallery/ directory in any way. That will make it difficult for you to upgrade.

For your second request, I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to do. Please provide a screenshot of what you're looking for if possible.

Big Olli

4 February 2010 at 2:31am

Hi,

thanks for your answer and your compliment :-). Often I´m not sure, if my english correct.

Problem 1: I will try it, thanks

Problem 2: please take a look at http://worldofcoaster.de/parksindeutschland/belantis/drachenritt/index.html and you can see what I mean. At first I´ve text, than a table, than the pictures and than text again. The new side must be looked alike.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

4 February 2010 at 3:03am

I don't see any images on that page. Are you saying that you would like a page like that, only with images below the table? If possible, create a sketch of what you're hoping to achieve.

Big Olli

4 February 2010 at 3:11am

Here´s the sketch.

Attached Files