Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

New Module: Custom Menus


Reply


56 Posts   7979 Views

Avatar
Carolg

Community Member, 9 Posts

5 March 2010 at 2:49pm

Edited: 05/03/2010 2:59pm

Hi Mo
Thanks for your speedy reply. I was running version 0.1.0, so just updated to 0.2.0 (though could have sworn I downloaded them from the same place...)
Have flushed all I can think of (db, dv, menus page, admin page), but am seeing a new problem now:
When I go to menus, I see Custom Menus in the left pane, but when I click on one of the menus it loads up a page in the right pane - seems to be corresponding the custom menu item with the equivalent page in the list. I know these are linked because when I make a change to one of these and then go to the content tab that change is still there.

Does it help if I make you a guest login? This is a test site so doesn't matter if stuff gets broken.

Avatar
Mo

Community Member, 509 Posts

6 March 2010 at 12:10am

Interesting, I have been getting the exact same error on one of my sites. I had assumed it was something I had done for that site, because every other site I am using this module on works fine.

What other modules have you got installed? I am wondering if maybe there is a conflict with one of the third party modules that is causing this :s.

Also, the page you downloaded 0.1.0 from would have been the same, all old versions are listed at the bottom of the page when a newer version is made available.

Cheers,

Mo

Avatar
Mo

Community Member, 509 Posts

6 March 2010 at 1:58am

Ok, I think I have identified this issue as a conflict with CMS Workflow. Carol, can you confirm if you are using this module?

Cheers,

Mo

Avatar
Carolg

Community Member, 9 Posts

6 March 2010 at 8:13am

No I don't... the only other module I had installed was User Forms, which I've just uninstalled and the problem is still there...

Avatar
Mo

Community Member, 509 Posts

7 March 2010 at 12:34pm

Hmm, I think I don't really use Userforms very often, its more than possible that they are both causing a similar conflict.

Ugh, this is not going to be fun to debug... So much AJAX, not enough time! :s

Avatar
Mo

Community Member, 509 Posts

7 March 2010 at 1:33pm

Ok, I think (hope/pray) that I have fixed this. Looks like I needed to load another javascript file towards the end of the stack to overwrite some stuff.

I have done that now and it seems to work. The change is in the trunk, or I have attached the latest version if you don't use SVN.

Try it out, let me know if it is working.

Fingers crossed!!

Attached Files
Avatar
Carolg

Community Member, 9 Posts

8 March 2010 at 4:17pm

Brilliant, crossing fingers must have worked!
Thanks heaps!

Just one more thing you should know; not a problem for me but suspect you will want to fix it:
When I delete menus from the left hand pane, it tells me that delete has failed and the menu still seems to be there, though when I refresh the admin page, the deleted menus are gone.

Avatar
Mo

Community Member, 509 Posts

8 March 2010 at 9:08pm

I have experienced some problems with deleting, it is on my list of things to fix/improve :). I have not seen a 'Delete Failed' message though. Maybe its because of a difference in Silverstripe version number. Cheers for the update though, I will push that to the top of my list of things to fix.

Glad that is is (for the most part) working for you now, hope you enjoy :).

Mo