Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Subsites bug? recent check-in by sharvey

Go to End

6 Posts   1505 Views

Wilson

Community Member, 63 Posts

21 March 2010 at 9:14am

Hiya,

I didn't want to file a bug just yet, in case I'm doing something wrong. But a recent subsites module commit on 3/13/2010 seems to block logging into the admin area for me.

Line 254 in SiteTreeSubsites.php.

if(!$this->owner->SubsiteID) return false;

If I comment this out, then everything is fine otherwise I can only get to the public subsites and not the admin area. sharvey you out there? Just curious what I might be doing different from you.

Thanks,
Wilson

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

22 March 2010 at 9:21am

Edited: 22/03/2010 9:26am

Are you using 2.4? That was designed to not cause an error if the decorated class didn't have a SubsiteID. There's a code change in the core that goes along with this. If you're using subsites/trunk for developing a site, you might want to wait until 2.4 is released, as it's probably not entirely stable right now.

Note that without this change, the CMS would sometimes crash because a SQL error (no SubsiteID).

Wilson

23 March 2010 at 10:29am

Hey Sean,

Thanks for getting back. Yes, I'm using 2.4 beta tag and am using subsites/trunk, primary because it fixed an earlier issue with 'SS_' missing from some SQL stuff. All as SVN externals.

I'm pretty much locked into 2.4 (and love it). Would you recommend that I checkout a different subsites tag?

I appreciate your help.

Wilson

Wilson

23 March 2010 at 10:33am

Ah, just saw the core change was from 12 March, so likely didn't make it into the beta. I see what you mean. Thanks.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

23 March 2010 at 10:40am

Edited: 23/03/2010 10:41am

Unfortunately there's no tagged release for subsites that works with 2.4 yet, as we are still testing 2.4 and getting it stable.

If you're brave, you can checkout http://svn.silverstripe.com/open/phpinstaller/branches/2.4 which is the development branch for where 2.4 releases are derived. We're currently working on this branch to get the next release of 2.4 out.

Alternatively you can patch your beta installation with this changeset: http://open.silverstripe.org/changeset/100932

Cheers,
Sean

RichardH

Community Member, 8 Posts

22 May 2012 at 2:35am

the bug described in the original post here is the same problem i am now facing but in SS 2.4.7 where the offending code in sapphire\core\model\SiteTree.php has already been replaced.

Can anyone please help? I can find no other reason why my CMS admin falls over when the subsites module is installed.