Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar filter troubles

Go to End

3 Posts   1395 Views

Eric26

Community Member, 2 Posts

30 March 2010 at 4:31pm

Edited: 30/03/2010 4:33pm

Hi there,

I am currently trying to extend the Event Calendar and having a few headaches with what I am trying to achieve.

Basically I have a new classes SportEvent and SportEventHolder.

Each sport event has a category:

static $db = array(
'Category' => "Enum('International, National, Club, Special')",
);

I have extended the Sport holder filter to allow filitering on this:

public function getFilterFields()
{
$fields = parent::getFilterFields();
$fields->addFilterField(new DropdownField('SportEvent_Category','Category', singleton('SportEvent')->dbObject('Category')->enumValues()));
return $fields;
}

Now the thing I am having trouble with is figuring out a way I can have the category filter as optional. Is there any way to add 'All' to the drop down box and effectively have it ignore the second part of the filter?

One way of trying to get around it was removing the filter and having buttons for the categories, with them linked the calendar page with ?filter=1&filter_SortEvent_Category=Club added to the end of the url, but this only works if the user selects the category and then filters on date, not the other was around.

Any ideas would be much appreaciated. As you can probably guess I am developing the website for my work. We are the governing body of a sport and are wanting to display our official calendar in a much more user friendly way than our current website.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

30 March 2010 at 5:41pm

It's been a while since I've been in that code, but I think this might work:

$fields->addFilterField($d = new DropdownField('SportEvent_Category','Category', singleton('SportEvent')->dbObject('Category')->enumValues()));

$d->setEmptyString('-- All --');

Eric26

Community Member, 2 Posts

1 April 2010 at 2:13pm

Perfect, thank you very much.