Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar and 2.4.0

Go to End

41 Posts   10336 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

13 April 2010 at 2:47am

Yup. I've put in a ticket with Silverstripe. The modules page doesn't support multiple branches of code.

UncleCheese

13 April 2010 at 4:10am

Edited: 13/04/2010 4:12am

Ok, the CurrentDate issue has been resolved.

stuntmax

Community Member, 21 Posts

14 April 2010 at 6:33am

Edited: 14/04/2010 6:48am

Congrats looks pretty well!

I think one must have a lot of php knowledge to be able to set up the Event Calendar module :-(

UncleCheese

14 April 2010 at 6:51am

To subclass it you do. But out of the box it should run itself. The 2.4 compatibility upgrade definitely slowed us down. Glad it's out of the way, for now.

wildflower1975

Community Member, 63 Posts

14 April 2010 at 10:36am

Edited: 14/04/2010 11:02am

I'm having trouble with the standard CalendarWidget in that only the month select box (at the top of it) appears, the week rows of the table don't appear at all.

I got the latest jquery.datePicker.js from http://www.kelvinluck.com/ and the week rows appear but the day links aren't correct.
(the one that comes with EventCalendar looks to be quite old)

I'm looking into the jQuery at the moment to see if I can make any sense of it - trying to use Firebug to step through it all.

In the LiveCalendarWidget - the day links are incorrect and line 210 of CalendarUI.class.php needs to be updated

'ShowDayLink'     => $this->calendar->Link('view')."/".$this->date_counter->format('Ymd'),

line 219 of CalendarUI.class.php needs to be updated

'ShowWeekLink' => $this->calendar->Link('view')."/".$week_range_start."/".$week_range_end

The Quick Month,Week,Weekend Links need to be updated
line 136

return $this->calendar->AbsoluteLink()."view/".$d->firstDayOfMonth()->format('Ym');

line 142
 return $this->calendar->AbsoluteLink()."view/".$d->firstDayOfWeek()->format('Ymd')."/".$d->finalDayOfWeek()->format('Ymd');

line 156
return $this->calendar->AbsoluteLink()."view/".$d->format('Ymd')."/".$d->addDay(2)->format('Ymd');

I'll post more as I go.

wildflower1975

14 April 2010 at 11:15am

When I click the Next or Previous Month links or use a 'Jump to' option from the select box my calendar disappears.

I can see in FireBug that the calendar is being returned from the Ajax request (under the HTML and Response tabs) but it isn't being written/drawn in place.

I'm using the latest jQuery (1.4.2), thinking it might help because LiveCalendar asks for 1.2.6 in it's SS file, and when I use that I get

An invalid or illegal string was specified"  code: "12
http://localhost/silverstripe/event_calendar/javascript/jquery-1.2.6.min.js?m=1271104913
Line 22

which I'm assuming could be any of the characters being returned from the request to be written back on the screen?

wildflower1975

14 April 2010 at 12:00pm

the demo page http://eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.com/ bombs spectacularly :)

Fatal error: Object::add_extension() - Can't find extension class for "CalendarSiteTree" in /var/ss/2.3.2/sapphire/core/Object.php on line 376

I'm guessing it might take some time to get up and running?

UncleCheese

14 April 2010 at 1:38pm

Yeah, I've been in there all day. Our server configuration doesn't like 2.4 very much. I'm trying to get Silverstripe to make some changes so that it works better with shared installs.