I can't replicate the CalendarWidget issues, but all the other stuff should be good.
This is for the CalendarWidget (not LiveCalendarWidget)
the selectedDate value was being returend as a big long string like: Wed Apr 28 2010 00:00:00 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)
I'm using the latest datepicker version:
$Id: jquery.datePicker.js 94 2010-01-25 02:25:27Z kelvin.luck $
and jquery 1.4.2.
I've found that I needed to edit line 9 of the calendar_widget.js like this:
was returning 'undefined'
Hope this helps
Is this happening on the demo site? What do I need to do to see this error? It sounds like it's only happening because you made changes to the module?
Just a quick thanks for all this. I've got it up and running now and it's humming.
Would you have any suggestions for me trying to extend the Calendar Filter in this way? http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/282550
wildflower1975 I'm using the latest in 2.4 branch of Silverstripe (r102276 as of yday) with the latest in trunk of event calendar (r101). Further, I'm using Requirements::block to remove jquery.js from event calendar because I'm already including the jQuery 1.4. Not finding the difficulties you're having with CalendarWidget? I'm using the rest of the js that comes with the module though, including date.js.
Thanks Dizzy and Uncle Cheese
I've been using the tutorial theme for ages and just tried switching back to blackcandy and the CalendarWidget works well now,
I must have screwed something up in the page.php or something, it's a bit late(21:45) to go looking for it just now though.
Keep in mind SS 2.4 comes with jQuery 1.4.2, so if you're including that resource elsewhere, you're going to have a dependency conflict.
Using the blackcandy theme, all of my CalendarWidget issues disappear,
the only difference I can find when viewing the source is that it looks like the Validator class isn't run/included in the tutorial theme,
As this bunch of files aren't included
I'm using the latest trunk with 2.4.
The $CurrentMonthLink link doesn't work as it links to example.com/calendar/201005 not example.com/calendar/view/201005.
I changed line 249 of CalendarUI.class.php from:
'CurrentMonthLink' => $this->calendar->Link($this->start_date->format('Ym')),
'CurrentMonthLink' => $this->calendar->Link()."view/".$this->start_date->format('Ym'),
And now it's all good :) The other links look similar but I haven't tested them.
Hope that helps...