Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

User Forms - Email Recipients not working

7 Posts   1850 Views

Media Contour

3 April 2010 at 7:53am (Last edited: 8 April 2010 1:27pm), Community Member, 33 Posts

I have the User Forms modules intalled on a site. And it seems to work fine. Fill out the form and it shows the thank you message and it saved the submission in the database. The only problem is that its not sending out emails to the recipients added in the admin.

How do I begin to troubleshoot this?

Juanitou

4 April 2010 at 6:06am Community Member, 323 Posts

Maybe here: http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/280550?start=0#post280671

Hope it helps,
Juan

Willr

7 April 2010 at 4:51pm Forum Moderator, 5511 Posts

Also check your mail logs on your server (if you have access to them) you might find something like its not going through because your server doesn't have mail setup correctly or you didn't define a from address on the host.

Media Contour

8 April 2010 at 4:02am Community Member, 33 Posts

Issue solved.

When adding a new recipient it looks like the Subject and From fields MUST be field out.

Media Contour

8 April 2010 at 1:28pm Community Member, 33 Posts

Is there a way to validate the form on the Admin so that when someone forgets to add a Subject or From it warns them.

Willr

8 April 2010 at 4:32pm Forum Moderator, 5511 Posts

There is a getCMSValidator which I think can invoke validation on forms in the cms like popups. That might be the best thing to add to the module to prevent people from forgetting.

Media Contour

9 April 2010 at 3:41am Community Member, 33 Posts

Where do I add this code in the userforms module? Thanks for the help.