Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Can't load saved newsletter (error loading page)


Go to End
Reply


32 Posts   3899 Views

Avatar
yurigoul

Community Member, 202 Posts

14 May 2010 at 8:59pm

Thank you for the kind words. Could you test the unsubscribe function for me? To see if it works? With me there used to be a redirect error.

Avatar
TF-35Lightning

Community Member, 137 Posts

15 May 2010 at 1:23am

yurigoul, I added the $UnsubscribeLink to my template and successfully unsubscribed.

The thing that concerns me is that I can simply unsubscribe any email address that I desire (if I guess the correct email) via the link

http://localhost/silverstripe/silverstripe-v2.4.0/unsubscribe/index/myemail@gmail.com/1

etc.

I presume it is up to us to come up with some kind of unique identifier to check an id and an email address against each other to help secure the unsubscription, or is that built into it somewhere or?

Avatar
yurigoul

Community Member, 202 Posts

15 May 2010 at 2:38am

That sounds good!!!!

AFAIK there is no security option there, that is what one of the maintainers told me.

Am not a very good php ninja that knows how to go about adding a better security option (sending a mail you are unsubscribed). I see it more or less as a very lightweight newsletter add-on and if more functionality is needed, I would simply install phplist or something.

But on the other hand you could probably add password functionality easily with extra fields in the subscribe form (password and retype password), add the password + email to the user database and activate the 'only logged in members can see this page' to the unsubscribe page in the back-end. 'Send me my password'-functionality is build into silverstripe (though I have never tested it).

Avatar
davepolyester

Community Member, 47 Posts

18 May 2010 at 4:45pm

Hey everyone,

I solved my issues with the saved newsletters not loading in SS 2.3.7 (using Newsletter V0.4) by doing the opposite of one of the suggestions in this topic... sort of! All I needed to do was change SS_HTTPRequest to just HTTPRequest in line 140 of NewsletterAdmin.php.

Obviously I'll need to reverse this once I upgrade to SS 2.4 but happy to stay on 2.3.7 for now.

It also seems to be working fine with the SubscriptionForm page type without needing UserForms installed.

Further good news: the Unsubscribe function appears to be working fine.
I subscribed to the list with one of my many obscure email addresses, checked the Mailing List to confirm subscription had worked, then sent myself a sample email. Email arrived fine, so I then clicked the Unsubscribe link that I had added to the bottom of my email template. This took me back to my site giving me a nice message saying I had now unsubscribed.
I then logged back in as Admin, checked the Mailing List and my test subscription record had been removed. I checked the Unsubscribers tab and sure enough, there was my name and date of unsubscribing.

Anything else I should look for to confirm if things are all working?

Avatar
yurigoul

Community Member, 202 Posts

18 May 2010 at 7:03pm

Not that I can think off. Thanx!!!!

Avatar
dvdsetshop

Community Member, 8 Posts

22 May 2010 at 3:06pm

Edited: 22/05/2010 3:07pm

I'm having the same problem, So the Unsubscribe button doesn't work either?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.dvdsetshop.com

Avatar
yurigoul

Community Member, 202 Posts

22 May 2010 at 7:07pm

Apparently unsubscribe works, confirmed in both 2.3 and .24.

For the rest, depending on your Silverstripe version you have to replace certain names in the php files. Look up some of my replies in this thread.

Avatar
Dieter

Community Member, 2 Posts

12 September 2012 at 7:12pm

Edited: 12/09/2012 7:14pm

SS 2.3 & Newsletter 0.3:

class NewsletterAdmin, line 138:
Rename HTTPRequest to SS_HTTPRequest.
Or, for compatibilty issues:
if($params instanceof HTTPRequest)
to
if ($params instanceof SS_HTTPRequest) || $params instanceof HTTPRequest)

Go to Top