Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

What's the status on Subsites and 2.4?

Go to End

4 Posts   1853 Views

msouden

6 Posts

6 April 2010 at 11:08am

Hey Folks,
I've been tinkering with Subsites on SS 2.4 rc1 after trying it on 2.3.7 for a bit and while the install for 2.4 went flawlessly, the admin interface doesn't seem to be switching between different sites in the top-nav dropdown. This is keeping me from being able to test this potentially ideal solution for a client.

I don't usually tread this bleeding-edge with client sites, but you folks seem to be doing a great job of moving things along.

So - can a guy get a check-in on what exactly "not supported" means and if this module is languishing or if there are people banging on it alongside the eminent 2.4 release?

Much much much thanks from a hack who's dabbled in several different CMSs.

Matt

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 April 2010 at 1:05pm

AFAIK Subsites is supported on 2.4 and you can see from the commit log that trix has done quite alot of work on it recently (http://open.silverstripe.org/log/modules/subsites/trunk) so it looks like it should be in working order and supported.

Make sure you are running the latest versions of both 2.4 and subsites trunk (since they would be in parallel development). If you run into bugs check the open tickets on http://open.silverstripe.org for the reported issue.

msouden

6 Posts

7 April 2010 at 2:50am

Thanks Willr - you're just everywhere on these boards. I'll double check these.

msouden

6 Posts

8 April 2010 at 10:52am

Well - After checking the bug tracker and versions - and updating to the latest rev - about 36 hrs old - It's looking like I'm a little early in implementing it.

Not bagging on all the great work you guys are doing - just trying to spare folks some headache - best to wait for a stable release.

Great concept. Wish I was good enough at php to roll up my sleeves and help out.