Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Event Calendar Module: Filtering based on a Many_Many Rship

4 Posts   1233 Views

dizzystuff

Community Member, 93 Posts

12 April 2010 at 3:00am

Hey Guys

I have extended the Event Calendar in similar ways to the recipe in the docs [url]http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=recipes:extending_the_event_calendar[/url] but I'm having an issue adding an extra Filter Dropdown field (under the Calendar Widget) and getting it to work.

Basically, in the context of the tutorial/recipe I linked to, I want to be able to filter by Instructor.

That is, I have a many_many relationship between CalendarDateTime.php and Instructor.php and I would like to add a drop down field of Instructors under the existing From and To Calendar Filter dropdowns.

I got to here:

public function getFilterFields() {
      $fields = parent::getFilterFields(); // returns a CalendarFilterFieldSet
      $instructors = DataObject::get('Instructor');
      $map = $instructors ? $instructors->toDropdownMap('ID','Name') : array();
      $fields->addFilterField(new DropdownField('CalendarDateTime_Instructors','Instructor', $map));
      return $fields;
   }

but as I expected it's looking in the db for an "Instructors" column in the CalendarDateTime table (which it doesn't find and so errors) rather than matching it up via a joint CalendarDateTime_Instructors table.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

15 April 2010 at 1:50am

Sorry, it's a one-to-one filter at the moment. If you want to try to modify the filter functionality to support many_many or has_many, that would be awesome. I imagine it's a lot of work, especially to do it cleanly.

Ultimately, I think we just need to have the ability to hand off the filtering to a custom callback function.

dizzystuff

Community Member, 93 Posts

16 April 2010 at 2:28am

Yeah fair enough. I think might be a little beyond me, time-wise but also mad-skillz-wise atm lol. If I do end up tweaking I'll post what I come up with here. Any starting points/suggestions?

Gene

Community Member, 41 Posts

21 September 2010 at 6:46pm

It's a little sloppy but you can get a many_many join going by overriding 3 Calendar methods: Events, getEventJoin, and getDateJoin

Here's a quick example...

public function getEventJoin() {
      $join = parent::getEventJoin();

if (isset($_GET['center']) && is_numeric($_GET['center']) && (int)$_GET['center'] > 0) {
         $center = (int)$_GET['center'];
         $join .= " LEFT JOIN `EventDateTime_Centers` ON `EventDateTime_Centers`.`EventDateTimeID` = `EventDateTime`.`ID`";
      }

return $join;
   }

public function getDateJoin() {
      $join = parent::getDateJoin();

if (isset($_GET['center']) && is_numeric($_GET['center']) && (int)$_GET['center'] > 0) {
         $join .= " LEFT JOIN `EventDateTime_Centers` ON `EventDateTime_Centers`.`EventDateTimeID` = `EventDateTime`.`ID`";
      }

return $join;
   }

public function Events($filter = null, $start_date = null, $end_date = null, $default_view = false, $limit = null, $announcement_filter = null) {

if ($filter) {
            $filter .= ' AND ';
         }
         $filter .= "`EventDateTime_Centers`.`CenterPageID` = '$center'";
      }

return parent::Events($filter, $start_date, $end_date, $default_view, $limit, $announcement_filter);
   }