Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

userforms - double validation scripts

Go to End

6 Posts   2295 Views

patte

Community Member, 63 Posts

20 April 2010 at 6:43pm

Hey guys

is it just me or does the userforms validation add the #Form_Form .validate two times? In my pages or some SilverStripe community projects (example: http://www.fmc-innovation.de/kontakt) there is also this double form validation... is this needed by jquery or userforms? A bug?

patte

klikhier

Community Member, 150 Posts

28 October 2010 at 6:10am

Today I found that this is indeed the case (at many of my SS websites). Ran into this issue with SS2.4.1 and latest UserForms module...

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

28 October 2010 at 12:12pm

Sounds like a bug. Raise it as a ticket on open.silverstripe.org and assign it to UserForms and I'll look into it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

klikhier

28 October 2010 at 8:09pm

Done. Another question/remark:

When using UserForms with Translatable, the only way I got language dependent validation working is to remove

UserDefinedFrom.php line 473: removed $messages from custom validation script;
and then load 'userforms/thirdparty/jquery-validate/localization/messages_nl.js' dynamically, based on the current locale (example _nl for locale nl_NL).

I'm not sure if my solution is a correct approach (apart from changing the core), but, if so, this may be a good enhancement to enable language dependent validation messages in user forms?!

klikhier

28 October 2010 at 10:37pm

With regards to the initial problem of this topic (double custom JS validation script): this seems to be resolved in the latest trunk release of UDF.

patte

Community Member, 63 Posts

29 October 2010 at 4:59am

Thanks for that!

Next time I`ll raise a ticket ;-)