Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Flickrservice 0.3 problems

2 Posts   762 Views

g4m3c4ck

Community Member, 11 Posts

1 May 2010 at 12:39am

Edited: 01/05/2010 12:47am

I have flickrservice working but I can't get it to organize by tags or sets. It only works with the user I put in photos taken by. Has anyone fixed this bug yet?

I ask because I want multiple galleries on a site organized by sets. All I get when I try to use this function is

"Sorry, either no photos exist or I could not connect to Flickr.
Flickr error message: Photoset not found"

I can see when my server sends the request to flickr API and it responds back with a fail. Guess I will try to find the bug if I can.

g4m3c4ck

Community Member, 11 Posts

1 May 2010 at 1:04am

Edited: 01/05/2010 1:20am

Ok I figured it out. You HAVE to use the photoset numeric value in the URL when looking at the photoset in Flickr. I was using the name thinking the key and the actual name would suffice but it does not.

Tag does not work because a bug in FlickrGallery.php

In the function FlickrPhotos() in case 2 you need to change

$photos = $flickr->getPhotos($this->Tags, NULL, $this->NumberToShow, $page, $this->Sortby);

to

$photos = $flickr->getPhotos($this->Tags, $this->User, $this->NumberToShow, $page, $this->Sortby);

Now it will properly Sort by tag for your user and not every frigging tag on Flickr

=)